Fire engine red MAC

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
Hey girls! I just ordered the fire engine red MAC from stefanibags. Anyone else getting this bag or have something in that color already? I've always wanted a little red clutch and I thought this would be perfect with the gold hw, discounted with a coupon code. TIA

(Btw Mods I didn't know if this belonged here or in the shopping sub forum, please move it if I put it in the wrong place!)

Last edited:
^In my frenzy of all things black suede...a wee purchase has gotten little attention from me.

A few weeks ago I spied the Fire Engine Red Rockette on Shopbop and decided it would be a really cute bag for the holidays. I loved the snake chain strap and the stud detailing. It was the color I wasn't too sure about. I really wanted a festive Christmasy red, and I even liked the gold hw with this color. So I ordered the bag knowing I could send it back for free if it wasn't my cup of tea. It arrived about a week ago and I LOVE it! :heart:

It's not a super shiny bag (at least in the Rockette) and the color is perfect! Needless to say, I kept it! I've seen some photos of FER that look really shiny (the BF Clutch), and others that weren't as shiny. I'm not a glazed/shiny bag kinda gal, so I was really happy with my Rockette. I hope you love your MAC as well! :tup:

Do you have any pics IIOS? The pictures on stefanibags were kinda meh (pretty blurry too) but I just couldn't let a bag like that go. :biggrin: Plus I can return it if I don't love it, though I will have to pay the return shipping, which kinda sucks.

I forgot did you post a thread about your black suede bags yet?

I absolutely stink at posting photos...technology kicks my butt every time!

But the second photo down from Shopbop is dead-on for the Rockette as far as shine goes. The color to me is a true red...very pretty!
http://www.shopbop.com/actions/prod...rd_id=845524441883767&color=32885&viewIndex=0

I checked out photos of the FER MAC and it looks much shinier...I don't understand why some FER bags look so shiny compared to others. :wondering

Oh, I haven't yet posted photos of my black suede bags...but God knows I've gone on and on about them enough to bore even the most fanatical RM fan to death! :P

Oh good so it doesn't have orange undertones? That was the only thing I was worried about!

I don't mind if it's shiny or not. :biggrin: As long as the color is true I'll love it.

Well see, you've gone on about them enough it'd be almost cruel not to post pics! :P

Oh good so it doesn't have orange undertones? That was the only thing I was worried about!

I don't mind if it's shiny or not. :biggrin: As long as the color is true I'll love it.

Well see, you've gone on about them enough it'd be almost cruel not to post pics! :P

That was exactly my concern! To me the color is a true red...I don't see "orange" at all (and I'm really picky about that when it comes to reds). If it had been orangey it definitely would have gone back! I think you'll be really happy with the color!

Sigh...yeah, tomorrow I shall attempt to take photos of my new bags with my new Samsung smartphone. I don't have much hope though. My very first text from my new Samsung smartphone was, "good luck...you'll never be as smart as me". :shame:

I absolutely stink at posting photos...technology kicks my butt every time!

But the second photo down from Shopbop is dead-on for the Rockette as far as shine goes. The color to me is a true red...very pretty!
http://www.shopbop.com/actions/prod...rd_id=845524441883767&color=32885&viewIndex=0

I checked out photos of the FER MAC and it looks much shinier...I don't understand why some FER bags look so shiny compared to others. :wondering

Oh, I haven't yet posted photos of my black suede bags...but God knows I've gone on and on about them enough to bore even the most fanatical RM fan to death! :P

There is a color called Fire Engine Shine :biggrin:

Which is different from Fire Engine Red

There is a color called Fire Engine Shine :biggrin:

Which is different from Fire Engine Red

OMG! I did not know that! No wonder I was so confused by why some bags were really shiny and others weren't!

OK, wait...this is stupid. So the bag I got is "Fire Engine SHINE" and yet it's not shiny. But the MAC Robyn is getting is "Fire Engine RED" and it is shiny. Doh! :amuse:

OMG! I did not know that! No wonder I was so confused by why some bags were really shiny and others weren't!

OK, wait...this is stupid. So the bag I got is "Fire Engine SHINE" and yet it's not shiny. But the MAC Robyn is getting is "Fire Engine RED" and it is shiny. Doh! :amuse:

Don't take my quote as the absolute truth though- I saw a MAC that was labeled "Fire Engine" that had no shine in Bloomingdales in Soho. At the same Bloomies, there was a ipod/iphone case that was labeled Fire Engine Shine that was slightly glazed. That was how I came to my conclusion :P