Fingerprints symbol

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
Italy
Hello
What is the fingerprint symbol that appears on the bottom right of the page?
I’ve noticed it since today only

A121B918-5FCC-4942-A09B-9F4340637249.jpeg

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
forum.purseblog.com
Hello
What is the fingerprint symbol that appears on the bottom right of the page?
I’ve noticed it since today only

View attachment 4818715

I believe this is part of Apple Safari's Fingerprinting Defense feature. It blocks advertisers from following you around and creating a fingerprint to determine your preferences, browsing history and such.

It's a GDPR consent preferences panel shown to users who live in countries governed by the GDPR. I address this blow:

Last edited:
Reactions: maryg1 and limom

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
forum.purseblog.com
Thank you!
I keep seeing this too. It only appears on this site and keeps popping up every time I move onto a different page. I can’t get rid of it and it is making this site unusable.
Actually, this is a GDPR consent box that shows to users who live in countries governed by GDPR. You can read more about it here.

The fingerprint icon allows you to open a consent dialogue box where you can manage your consent. I am not sure if it's persistent once you set your preferences, I inquired with our ad network provider to see how we can disable it or at least make it be non-persistent.

Actually, this is a GDPR consent box that shows to users who live in countries governed by GDPR. You can read more about it here.

The fingerprint icon allows you to open a consent dialogue box where you can manage your consent. I am not sure if it's persistent once you set your preferences, I inquired with our ad network provider to see how we can disable it or at least make it be non-persistent.
Thank you for your reply - much appreciated!