Finger/tray foods to plates and utensils??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have 14 month old twins that I am going to start to transition from finger foods on their tray to plates and utensils. I was looking at the Boon plates that dont have an edge or lip on them, hoping that it would be a little harder for the twins to pick them up and throw. The reviews on Amazon were not the greatest, so I was wondering if there is another brand that some of you could recommend. As far as utensils, I havent really looked and there are sooo many kinds/brands out there, that any info on those would be appreciated as well.

And if you have any tips on how to start the transition, that would be great. I am anticipating many days and nights of cleaning food off the kids, table, high chairs, table, and pets. LOL!!

2. Man its a hard process in my house. My son still does not eat with a utensil but its not for lack of trying. He either eats finger foods or I feed him with him assisting me here and there. I did find some suction cup plates that have a tiny lip on them I think at Walmart and they help a lot. I do have those utensils that are curved for them to hold in their palms and he has more luck with those then the regular spoons and stuff. I have seen those at Target.