Financing your LV addiction

I'm a poor college student, too! haha! I learned how to save up when I saw the Lanvin Kansas...I know it isn't an LV, but it was the first bag that I fell in love with and HAD to have. And to a poor college student, it cost quite a pretty penny...but if I see an LV that I love, I usually sell another that I have that I don't love as much...that way I at least have some balance and don't go completely into debt! And yea, my mom did buy me my very first LV (damier speedy 25), but I don't like asking her or the bf to spend that much money on me. I would feel so guilty! So my philosophy is that if there is something you REALLY want, you'll take the time to save up for it!

I couldn't afford LV while I was in university sine I only worked part time, but I could afford Coach bags. Unless I really saved up, I might have been able to afford one. Now I work full time so I just got my first LV a couple months ago. Save your money and get your LV!

I don't own any credit cards---they're too dangerous (for me)! So....I have to save up the cash and it takes me FOREVER because I just love to shop. Especially for clothes!! So, I always have LV in the back of my mind but then I'll see something else and say, oh next time....I do this all the time, that's why I only have one LV bag and one LVwallet. I guess I don't have the patience!! But at least I don't have any guilt when I buy something. :smile:

I don't own any credit cards---they're too dangerous (for me)! So....I have to save up the cash and it takes me FOREVER because I just love to shop. Especially for clothes!! So, I always have LV in the back of my mind but then I'll see something else and say, oh next time....I do this all the time, that's why I only have one LV bag and one LVwallet. I guess I don't have the patience!! But at least I don't have any guilt when I buy something. :smile:

lol i do the EXACT same thing!

When I was in college (oh god I feel old now!!) I started a change jar and got a second job. Now that I have a job, I still save my change, but save up for something. I try to save by doing like one splurge per paycheck - this last one was a pearl necklace and jade bracelet, but last night I did spend 30.00 on two shirts so i'm done until next payday.

DH and I both work and we are doing okay (luckily I didn't have a handbag addiction in the college days, just a shoe addiction) Oh I also limit myself to only 2-3 major handbag purchases a year so that I only get what I really really want. I don't let myself break that rule because my top priority is saving for our child's future.

I don't have any credit cards...the one I had... I paid off and cut it in half!!! I swear that was the BEST feeling ever haha...and luckily my parents pay for my education so i don't have to get any loans ...I'm a full time student...and I also do freelance graphic design work which pays for my bags and my bills!!! (rent,car ins. etc)

I head to eBay to shave a couple hundred dollars off of the pieces on my wish list here and there, and I take advantage of sellers who offer layaways. I also occasionally sell pieces I am not using or am no longer in love with. No shopping on credit.