Financing E-ring

hollywoodbadgrl

PURSE WH@R3
O.G.
May 12, 2010
I am not sure if this is the right forum but I am interested in possibly financing my e-ring either through Kay's or Helzberg. My problem is I don't really have the best credit but I have good stable income so I was thinking of using someone as a co-signer for me who has good credit and and a fixed income. I was wondering which store I would have more of a chance with? Any advice is welcome and needed please.

I am not sure if this is the right forum but I am interested in possibly financing my e-ring either through Kay's or Helzberg. My problem is I don't really have the best credit but I have good stable income so I was thinking of using someone as a co-signer for me who has good credit and and a fixed income. I was wondering which store I would have more of a chance with? Any advice is welcome and needed please.

i think this is a terrible idea. sorry. the quality of stones at those places is mediocre and very overpriced. add to that--the cost of financing. i suggest you decide on a budget and try to take a loan through your bank or line of credit for a fixed lower rate if you must finance. my real advice is to wait...........get a pretty band and bet a diamond later

If you don't have the money for a ring, don't buy one. The fact that your credit isn't great should be a red flag that you shouldn't buy one now.

Buy a cheap band that you can pay cash for, and save up for an upgrade later.

I have the better income and I am also picky about what I want. He wants me to get whatever I am happy with.

sorry but this just troubles me. If you have weak credit and you have to borrow you shouldnt be stretching for this. Buy a lovely diamond band for $1500 and put it on a credit card. I had a plain white gold band for years....now I have a fabulous ring. its just a piece of jewelry though. dont take on debt for something mediocre

Mall jewelers sell overprice diamonds for its quality, some not certified. Be careful. Do what feels right for you. Many married women with large valuable diamonds may not be necassarily happier than women with no rings at all. In life finding that person to share a great adventure with is more difficult than any diamond decision Imo. So congratulations! Good luck on your decision.

If you don't have the money for a ring, don't buy one. The fact that your credit isn't great should be a red flag that you shouldn't buy one now.

Buy a cheap band that you can pay cash for, and save up for an upgrade later.
:goodpost: This is what I was about to post.

If you don't mind what can you afford right now? I'm sure we can help you find something fab on a budget.

Buy yourself a plain band online. DO NOT FINANCE THIS, especially not from a mall store. You're overpaying for low quality, and financing it to boot.

Wow, so are you paying for the wedding too? Buy something small and upgrade later when you have the money. I wouldn't expect someone to co-sign for me on a ring if I had poor credit. A nice e-ring isn't a necessity. Work on saving up the money and trade up when you have the cash.

^^beachy I'm sure you did not mean to get snippy... with that wedding comment. There is no need to get sarcastic. Getting all righteous in here at TPF when talking about diamonds... makes no sense KWIM?

As many TPFers know here, I have a pretty nice jewelry collection NOW. But I've been married for 20 years and have received or purchased for myself all of my most expensive pieces just within the last 3 or 4 years. But one of my most if not "the most" cherished rings is my $550 dainty yellow gold one with a teeny tiny marquise stone purchased in 1991. It reminds me of all the love and happiness darling husband and I began our marriage with and makes me feel so wonderful to wear and think about that time when I was 26 years old. OP has a whole future to add to jewelry collection. Don't strap yourself and find something lovely and meaningful that you can afford today. JMO!