Finally!!! The "right" kelly!!!

shoes319

O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
Okay so I usually don't do reveals anymore - but I thought sharing this info might help someone else who has felt like me before! Having bought (and sold) a few bags along the way...and thinking perhaps I wasn't really a kelly girl after all, loving my bolides, etc. Recently had the opportunity to hang with a pf friend, and played with her 28 souple kelly!! Ummmm....that was IT!!! Hadn't tried that exact size....in the retourne style.....lo and behold!!! I've had a few kellys along the way - 32's - rigid....and loved them! But they didn't love me back - never was quite comfortable how I looked/felt carrying them. Did try a 28 rigid in box even (and it was suggested I should never part with it)...but alas, I hardly used it! It was a beauty though...just didn't earn it's keep. Also tried a souple 32....didn't use that...thought my kelly days were over! So recently, again evaluating my bag wardrobe, scaling back, and figuring what I did need/want, I decided on making room for a 28 souple....this came to me pre-loved, 28 clemence, and made it's maiden journey last night! I must say, it is :heart:!!!

The black (yes that's right black!) 28 clemence retourne style with gold hardware, is perfect for me! I decided this one bag would be black (I generally prefer H's bright and fun colors)....can be dressed up or casual. Last night we had to walk a little ways to the restaurant and a light drizzle didn't bother me one bit! It holds everything I need - bearn wallet, small karo with my goodies, checkbook, keys, cell, and last night a rainhat was tucked inside as well - no problem!

Hmmm the pics don't want to load so for now I will just post this and try again....it's really nice to get it so RIGHT!!! As many know, I try to keep my numbers scaled back and finding the perfect fit is very satisfying!

I will have to take more pics, but here's a couple of the day I received it...it's just so right!! I am 5'2" and not as small as I once was lol!!!

HL -- omg your kitty is adorable!! Love the pics...

BTW - on a side note of funny places we take the bags we love, my outing consisted of going to see Larry The Cable Guy!! (for those who aren't familiar, he's a redneck comedian - dh loves and it was his b-day gift).....no matter where - my H bags go!!

kelly 28 001.jpg

kelly 28 002.jpg

Shoes~ I am so understanding you right now. I am still trying to figure out what works for me as well. Is there a secret?

You look FABULOUS and I am so glad you shared your story and reveal with us. It surely will help others in a similar situation trying to figure out what they llike etc..

Your bag looks perfect on you~:heart: and I am so glad you found the ONE:love:

Thank you all!!! I really didn't think I was a kelly girl but finding the right mix is what the secret it! Unfortunately, as I don't live very close to a store, and the fact that I prefer buying pre-loved...makes it a bit more difficult!

Ghost, it's been the same with a birkin -- I have had some but all too bright for me for such a bag (I feel for my area anyway)...of course my bolides are still my fav....it IS a fun process though....

Shoes, it looks beautiful on you!!! My next purchase is also going go be the same bag but, in a togo or box calf...

I am 5 feet, and I also think the 28 retourne works for me the best. (I think this is Shopmom's favorite specs in a Kelly as well). Retourne give me the extra room that I need for my stuff and has the more casual look that I like. 32 just looks too big on me...

CONGRATS!!