Finally settled on a Muse!!

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
I just wanted to thank everyone who put up with my obsessing and endless questions regarding which Black Muse to buy. You'd think it would be an easy decision, right? Wrong :sweatdrop:

Well I went back to NM today to re-look at the two black Muse bags they had. One was pebbled and priced at $1795 and the other was smoother and stiffer and priced at $1395. This time I was able to look at the cards myself and what I found confused me even more than before. The pebbled bag, had a 2008 card and said it was Calf (or Veau).

Then I had a look at the card inside the smoother Muse and found TWO cards in it. Both said 2008 Muse Sacs etc.. but one of them said "Veau" on it and the other said.. get ready for this... AGNEAU!! I had no idea that lamb was thrown into the mix.. boy was I confused. And I thought the bags were all Buffalo.. LOL. My SA said to just ignore the cards but that made me feel uneasy. Since these bags are from 2008 who knows which cards are from which bag.

So I hauled butt all the way home and logged onto YSL.COM and bought myself a new Large Black Muse, Buffalo style :biggrin:

I will post a reveal here when she comes :yahoo:

^ congrats littlerock! :woohoo: there's nothing better than a classic style in classic color! i have a feeling you'll be in love with this one :biggrin:!

PS. can't wait to see your reveal!!!

Thanks!

You know, I always go for color. I haven't purchased one black bag in over a year. I have every color of the rainbow but I really need a good black bag and am looking forward to having such a classic. Thank you.

So, I did a search and found no results that discuss a Muse made of Agneau (lamb). Does anyone else find it odd that the card said the Muse was lamb? It did not feel anything like lamb..

Congrats on your forthcoming Muse, LR! :yes: You can't go wrong with a black Muse and I hope you'll cherish it for years to come. I can't wait to see your reveal (and also to see what your card says as to leather type).

And no, I have never heard of a lamb Muse ever; I am guessing that card was from another YSL bag or wallet.

Thanks Cosmo!

That's what I thought (about the card being from a different bag) but it said
"YSL SAC Muse" on it just like the other cards I was looking at. It was 100% the same as the other muse card all but the leather type :shrugs:

I actually wondered while I was looking at it if it was a fake card or something. Either that or maybe they stamp any old leather type on the cards and think that we don't pay attention (which is beginning to sound like the case) :lol:

Cosmo, I'll keep you posted as to what MY card says. I hope that it will be a 2009 bag and not a left over 08.. hmm...

Congrats you will love it! A black muse is up there with other iconic bags like the classic chanel flap, mulberry bayswater, black balenciaga city/work etc. you get the picture LOL!!!

^ I know right? I guess that is the one perk of living near NJ. Whenever anyone ships to me from NJ or NY and uses UPS ground it actually translates into OVERNIGHTbecause I am so close.. woot!