Finally placed my SO today! Yay!!!

gemibebe

O.G.
Feb 18, 2007
Well, I'm rather new here, but have already become a Birkin addict. I wasn't new to Hermes though, but have never been a Birkin fan. This forum has reformed me totally esp. with the drool-worthy pics of everyone's beautiful bags!!!

I didn't get lucky during my trip to FSH two weeks ago, but I can't wait too long for my Birkin! So today I went to the Strasbourg boutique to place my order. I have already talked to the SA before I went informing her of my preferences. She's super nice, showing me the leather book and the Birkins they have for size and color reference, etc. They just had a delivery today and they have Etoupe and Pelouse in 30cm and 35cm (I have already posted in the Hermes Shopping forum), brand new still with the plastic film. Unfortunately they don't have my desired colors. They had a fuchsia Chevre Birkin in 35cm and I drooled all over it! :nuts::drool: Too bad that it was ordered by a client so she couldn't sell it to me:sad:

I really want a Birkin in chevre, and today in the store it is confirmed that it's only possible for SO (the fuchsia one is an SO too). After much discussion and brainstorming, I finally placed my first SO for a 35cm Rose Shocking Birkin in Chevre Mysore!!! :yahoo:

I know that I will still have to wait for the confirmation of the SO, but my SA assured me that it should be ok since the other client received her order. Though there will still be quite some waiting time for my SO Birkin (10m to 1 yr as informed by my SA), I'm so excited that I have to share my happiness with all of you!!! Thanks for letting me share!

Thanks LVuittonLuvr, Diamond, lovely64, mooks, sammyjoe, Ascella, lilyhermes and shelbygirl!:flowers:

Ascella and lilyhermes, I have been worried about the chevre order given the discussion that it's very difficult to get chevre Birkin now. Indeed when I first told the SA that I would like to have a chevre Birkin, she didn't think that it would be an SO. But after checking their reference book, she was surprised that she could only find chevre for small leather goods not handbags. Then other SAs joined the discussion and in the end, it was clear that chevre can only be placed as an SO. It's great that they have received the SO of chevre Birkin for their client, and it's a 35cm!!! So yes, it's still possible, just that the wait is a bit longer... I'm so glad to have made your day! :biggrin:

loves and shelbygirl, you are so cute! Stop being jealous as now you know that you can also place an order! :graucho: