Finally I made the decision. Sharing my thoughts on the Speedy B vs. Regular Speedy

Feb 4, 2012
Ever since Speedy B came out, I have thought that I wanted one. When it was just monogram, I told myself that I will wait for the DE version - cause I cannot handle all those extra vachetta and the two distinctive strips. When the DE Speedy B came out I was thrilled, only later to find out that - the bag does not look good on me. It looks off!!!!!!! I was so disappointed...........

I have always wanted a speedy B mon monogram because I think that would be an ultimate bag. My SA told me that it will be released on Feb. 18. So I went to the store again today, trying to figure out if I can handle the speedy B strips on the side, and how I will like it handheld while having strap hanging. I told myself if I can handle it, I would wait and order the mon mono speedy B on 2/18. My husband went with me, and while I was comparing the two bags, he told me that if I want to hand held the bag with the strap hanging, it does not suit the bag. If I take the strap off, the two strips on the side are too distracting. Another woman's husband chime in at that point and agreed with my husband.....It was really surprising. I am sure this does not represent all men's view, but at least with the small sample I have, this is the opinion I got.

I really really really want to love speedy B. On paper, this bag should be perfect - iconic shape and boosted functionality. However I really have to agree that if I want to handhold the bag, the strap and the strips do not add to the bag's beauty. I feel like if I buy a speedy B, most likely I will always be wearing it on the shoulder, which kinda defeats the purpose considering I have tote style shoulder bags like neverfull which can hold more stuff and is more convenient to get things in and out from. I had to admit that maybe speedy B is just not for me - which is really sad, cause I have been waiting for these new lines to come out. I did not buy a kusama speedy last year because I thought I didn't want just a handheld speedy and was gonna get a speedy B mon mono later. If I knew....I probably would have snatched one of those beautiful wave design speedys.

Anyway I ended up ordering a regular mon monogram speedy 30, with a very beautiful bag charm. I think I am gonna be happy. I do think I want to buy an extra strap (probably a canvas monogram shoulder strap so I don't have to worry about extra vachetta). Without the two strips on the side, the regular speedy should be perfect being handheld. With an extra strap I would be able to use it whenever I need to, and not worry about making the strap dirty.

By the way here is some important information my SA shared with me:

Starting from 2/18, buyers can start to choose the lining of speedy mon monogram, this includes all regular speedy and speedy B.

I went ahead and bought mine today because the color I wanted will look very strange inside the speedy bag (husband commented again saying that if I make the inside of the bag that color it will look like circus, and he really dislikes it). Since this is a gift he is buying for me I let him be the decider on this one. Plus the speedy lining is not seen most of the time and the price difference is 140 (pre and after price increase), so I think this is a good decision. However if I had another color combo I probably would have insisted on having lining customized. After all it only adds to the bag's uniqueness.

Also below are the prices I got a hold of:

speedy 30 mon monogram will increase from 1100 to 1240
the new speedy 30 B mon monogram is 1550.

I apologize for this wordy "thought process." I also picked up a super super cute groom canvas charm today - too cute. Once my bag arrives I will do a reveal. I promise :smile::smile::smile:

Happy shopping!!!

Last edited:
This review is very helpful. I have been on the fence whether to bite the bullet and get a speedy b or just the regular speedy. And just get an extra strap (wonder if I can use an Eva strap?) if I really need to. I already have the Michael Kors bag with a strap that is similar to the speedy. I know it's not as awesome as an LV bag (this was my brand of choice before I got bit by the LV bug) but it has it's purpose and I still like it a lot. I also don't really like the strap on the sides of the speedy b.. And the cost between the regular speedy and the speedy b is a little significant. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for this review! It helps a lot!

Ever since Speedy B came out, I have thought that I wanted one. When it was just monogram, I told myself that I will wait for the DE version - cause I cannot handle all those extra vachetta and the two distinctive strips. When the DE Speedy B came out I was thrilled, only later to find out that - the bag does not look good on me. It looks off!!!!!!! I was so disappointed...........

I have always wanted a speedy B mon monogram because I think that would be an ultimate bag. My SA told me that it will be released on Feb. 18. So I went to the store again today, trying to figure out if I can handle the speedy B strips on the side, and how I will like it handheld while having strap hanging. I told myself if I can handle it, I would wait and order the mon mono speedy B on 2/18. My husband went with me, and while I was comparing the two bags, he told me that if I want to hand held the bag with the strap hanging, it does not suit the bag. If I take the strap off, the two strips on the side are too distracting. Another woman's husband chime in at that point and agreed with my husband.....It was really surprising. I am sure this does not represent all men's view, but at least with the small sample I have, this is the opinion I got.

I really really really want to love speedy B. On paper, this bag should be perfect - iconic shape and boosted functionality. However I really have to agree that if I want to handhold the bag, the strap and the strips do not add to the bag's beauty. I feel like if I buy a speedy B, most likely I will always be wearing it on the shoulder, which kinda defeats the purpose considering I have tote style shoulder bags like neverfull which can hold more stuff and is more convenient to get things in and out from. I had to admit that maybe speedy B is just not for me - which is really sad, cause I have been waiting for these new lines to come out. I did not buy a kusama speedy last year because I thought I didn't want just a handheld speedy and was gonna get a speedy B mon mono later. If I knew....I probably would have snatched one of those beautiful wave design speedys.

Anyway I ended up ordering a regular mon monogram speedy 30, with a very beautiful bag charm. I think I am gonna be happy. I do think I want to buy an extra strap (probably a canvas monogram shoulder strap so I don't have to worry about extra vachetta). Without the two strips on the side, the regular speedy should be perfect being handheld. With an extra strap I would be able to use it whenever I need to, and not worry about making the strap dirty.

By the way here is some important information my SA shared with me:

Starting from 2/18, buyers can start to choose the lining of speedy mon monogram, this includes all regular speedy and speedy B.

I went ahead and bought mine today because the color I wanted will look very strange inside the speedy bag (husband commented again saying that if I make the inside of the bag that color it will look like circus, and he really dislikes it). Since this is a gift he is buying for me I let him be the decider on this one. Plus the speedy lining is not seen most of the time and the price difference is 140 (pre and after price increase), so I think this is a good decision. However if I had another color combo I probably would have insisted on having lining customized. After all it only adds to the bag's uniqueness.

Also below are the prices I got a hold of:

speedy 30 mon monogram will increase from 1100 to 1240
the new speedy 30 B mon monogram is 1550.

I apologize for this wordy "thought process." I also picked up a super super cute groom canvas charm today - too cute. Once my bag arrives I will do a reveal. I promise :smile::smile::smile:

Happy shopping!!!
Would love to see the groom charm :smile:. Congrats!

To me the strap hanging off the bag looked odd when I attached the 3rd strap to wear it crossbody. I have to agree the guys assessment on that one. It looked odd the way it hung off the bag.

Once I detached the 3rd strap and only used the connecting 2, carrying it on my shoulder, the strap hung perfect on the bag & didn't look odd.

I have speedy mon monogram size 35. My bag now is 2 years plus, almost 3. I made this after i give birth. I used the bag as a baby bag, so i purchased additional strap. I used couple of time for travelling with my daughter.
When i create this bag, they dont have speedy b mon monogram yet. And the inside color only in beige.
I never regret my decision making speedy mon monogram, this bag really serve me very well. I never baby my bag, not much vachetta to look after. After almost 3 years still look perfect. :smile:

With LV shawl in red..
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393134451.255869.jpg

I went to pick up a speedy b today in the 30 in the Ebene and just couldn't do it. The hardware for the zipper pulls looked so awful to me! They looked cheap, Not even shiny like the brass lock that sits next to it. I asked the SA to take out another bag for me because for a moment I truly wondered if someone had returned a knockoff! Sad that the quality has decreased. I was truly amazed