Finally Here...a HG Reveal! Come Celebrate with some 'Wine'!!

xlana

O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
For as long as I can remember, I've wanted a Wine Nikki. It's arguably the most coveted leather from Rebecca Minkoff, and a truly beautiful and complex red. I know we've had many Wine reveals in the past, but I just couldn't resist sharing her with you all!

Here she is! My Wine Nikki with gold mixed hardware and black/white damask lining!! :love::heart::yahoo:
winenikki1.jpg

winenikki3.jpg

winenikki4.jpg

winenikki2.jpg

wineleather.jpg

And just a little question for all you other wine nikki owners, I feel like the wine nikki looks "smaller" than some other regular sized nikkis. I had a periwinkle nikki (I sold her) but she just looked so big on me. The wine nikki however looks "just right" IMO. But then again, the wine leather is more supple and soft than the periwinkle leather. It's really surprising how much of a difference the leather makes when it actually sits on your shoulder!

I will try to get some modeling pictures up!! Gosh, I'm SO in love with this bag right now!! Sometimes I can't believe I got her! This bag has been on my wishlist for at least a year!

Congrats! I don't have wine nikki, but that's the same way I always feel about lambskin...it doesn't feel so bulky. Sits perfectly on the shoulder. I know what you mean. :biggrin:

SOO YUMMY. I'm always afraid of Nikki's, I had a Stud Steel Nikki and it swallowed me whole. It was way too big (you can fit an infant in there). I'm seriously tempted to try the Wine Nikki though. It sounds like it might suit me better.

Congrats xlana! That bag is absolutely beautiful. And Wine is TDF.

ETA: ITA with Lynnia. Your photos are stunning! It really does show off the bag's beauty. Gorgeous!

ETA2: Can we get modeling pics? Purdy please? :3

Hollyberry1213 It'll be worth the wait! I've waited for this bag for over a year, and I'm VERY happy!!

luvs*it* The wine leather feels just as good as it looks! It's so chewy, thick, and buttery soft!

Hisgeekygrrrl I think wine is cow right? I have a sunshine mini nikki which is lambskin, and I like the way it drapes. But there's something about the wine leather that makes it bend and crinkle in all the right places!

Lynnia This coming from the woman who has THREE gorgeous basketweave bags! Thank you!

LunaLovegood I feel the same way about the full sized Nikki as well, so I was afraid that would happen with the Wine Nikki, but as I said earlier, I think the leather really makes a difference. If it's a more supple and softer leather, it will seem smaller!

I will try to get modeling pictures up tomorrow!

Congrats! I think my Wine Nikki feels smaller too. I sort of attributed it to it being an old school Nikki. But yours isn't so maybe it's just the wine leather??