Finally Got my Jumbo but...

crisn11

Nov 16, 2006
I finally received my Black Caviar Jumbo with silver hardware. My first flap..but after all of my waiting I was disappointed with the lack of excitement upon opening up my package. Seeing so many bags in beautiful colors I am left feeling blah. Did I make a bad choice? Should I exchange it for a beige?

I think the Jumbo in Black Caviar is one of the most classic bag you can ever own. It's a stunning bag and I would love that to be my next purchase! I think you made a excellent choice! I love the beige as well, so I can't say that you shouldn't exchange it for a beige one. But think you should be so so happy for your new bag! It will always be in style and perhaps the black will suit your lifestyle a bit better since you have children? And maybe the Beige flap is better in the medium/large size! I would love that one in beige and the Jumbo in black! :yes:

You have to post pictures! I really really hope that you love your bag, and you should always do what you want to do. But I think that bag is such a great choice!

Congrats to you :hugs:

This is the bag I really want, Jumbo black caviar jumbo SHW

I also see all the pretty colors and think to myself if i should get the beige, saw it on sunday and its gorgeous!!!! Just scared about it getting dirty or denin transfer with jeans.

All i know is that when i see someone with a jumbo flap in black, i just get chills beause its such a gorgeous bag!!!!!

Enjoy it, wear it well:biggrin::biggrin:

... and someday (if you would exchange the bag for a beige now) you'll end up wanting the black as well :smile: The black is a perfect first flap in my opinion! And I really think the large/medium flap would be great in beige!

crisn, black is a staple color for most Chanel collections! I know waiting and waiting for the bag kind of took some of the excitement away from it, but please enjoy your new lovely! And you can always get a beige too later on. Both are part of the permanent Chanel collection. Congrats!!!! Please post modeling pics!!

Oh no! I know how you feel- this happened to me with a brown jumbo that I purchased.. I ended up keeping it and am glad because the more I wear it the more I appreciate it. You will not regret the black, so even though the colors are beautiful, I think you will get the most use out of black:biggrin:

I have bought the black caviar twice-ghw & w/ shw and bboth times felt that way and so ended up seling them-but I should have kept it-it is the only bag you really need-the Best!

crisn11, you will definitely get lots of use out of the black, but I would suggest exchanging it for the beige since the black didn't wow you. I know what you mean when you open the package and don't get that WHOAA!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: feeling. If beige is singing to you, then get the beige! You can always come back for black later since it will always be available.

I'm also finally getting a Jumbo, after resisting it for a long time. Never a big fan of Classic Jumbo as I find it a tad too boxy and heavy for me, I prefer bigger flaps in Reissue style. I recently decided to get only 1 Jumbo for my collection but it would definitely not be black. But having said that, I do already have 5 black Chanel and 3 of them are black flaps!

Ita!!!!

i think the jumbo in black caviar is one of the most classic bag you can ever own. It's a stunning bag and i would love that to be my next purchase! I think you made a excellent choice! I love the beige as well, so i can't say that you shouldn't exchange it for a beige one. But think you should be so so happy for your new bag! It will always be in style and perhaps the black will suit your lifestyle a bit better since you have children? And maybe the beige flap is better in the medium/large size! I would love that one in beige and the jumbo in black! :yes:

You have to post pictures! I really really hope that you love your bag, and you should always do what you want to do. But i think that bag is such a great choice!

Congrats to you :hugs: