Finally Got my Jumbo but...

crisn11

Nov 16, 2006
I finally received my Black Caviar Jumbo with silver hardware. My first flap..but after all of my waiting I was disappointed with the lack of excitement upon opening up my package. Seeing so many bags in beautiful colors I am left feeling blah. Did I make a bad choice? Should I exchange it for a beige?

Cari284

Jul 9, 2009
I think the Jumbo in Black Caviar is one of the most classic bag you can ever own. It's a stunning bag and I would love that to be my next purchase! I think you made a excellent choice! I love the beige as well, so I can't say that you shouldn't exchange it for a beige one. But think you should be so so happy for your new bag! It will always be in style and perhaps the black will suit your lifestyle a bit better since you have children? And maybe the Beige flap is better in the medium/large size! I would love that one in beige and the Jumbo in black! :yes:

You have to post pictures! I really really hope that you love your bag, and you should always do what you want to do. But I think that bag is such a great choice!

Congrats to you :hugs:

MrsM-6-7-08

Bag Obsessed
O.G.
Apr 3, 2009
This is the bag I really want, Jumbo black caviar jumbo SHW

I also see all the pretty colors and think to myself if i should get the beige, saw it on sunday and its gorgeous!!!! Just scared about it getting dirty or denin transfer with jeans.

All i know is that when i see someone with a jumbo flap in black, i just get chills beause its such a gorgeous bag!!!!!

Enjoy it, wear it well:biggrin::biggrin:

Cari284

Jul 9, 2009
... and someday (if you would exchange the bag for a beige now) you'll end up wanting the black as well :smile: The black is a perfect first flap in my opinion! And I really think the large/medium flap would be great in beige!

PANda_USC

O.G.
Aug 5, 2009
crisn, black is a staple color for most Chanel collections! I know waiting and waiting for the bag kind of took some of the excitement away from it, but please enjoy your new lovely! And you can always get a beige too later on. Both are part of the permanent Chanel collection. Congrats!!!! Please post modeling pics!!

babyontheway

May 10, 2009
Oh no! I know how you feel- this happened to me with a brown jumbo that I purchased.. I ended up keeping it and am glad because the more I wear it the more I appreciate it. You will not regret the black, so even though the colors are beautiful, I think you will get the most use out of black:biggrin:

LVLux

Tinker's Realm
O.G.
Apr 14, 2008
I have bought the black caviar twice-ghw & w/ shw and bboth times felt that way and so ended up seling them-but I should have kept it-it is the only bag you really need-the Best!

nighteyes

♥
O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
crisn11, you will definitely get lots of use out of the black, but I would suggest exchanging it for the beige since the black didn't wow you. I know what you mean when you open the package and don't get that WHOAA!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: feeling. If beige is singing to you, then get the beige! You can always come back for black later since it will always be available.

kewave

O.G.
Nov 26, 2008
I'm also finally getting a Jumbo, after resisting it for a long time. Never a big fan of Classic Jumbo as I find it a tad too boxy and heavy for me, I prefer bigger flaps in Reissue style. I recently decided to get only 1 Jumbo for my collection but it would definitely not be black. But having said that, I do already have 5 black Chanel and 3 of them are black flaps!

Jaded81

back on TPF!
O.G.
May 27, 2007
Ita!!!!

i think the jumbo in black caviar is one of the most classic bag you can ever own. It's a stunning bag and i would love that to be my next purchase! I think you made a excellent choice! I love the beige as well, so i can't say that you shouldn't exchange it for a beige one. But think you should be so so happy for your new bag! It will always be in style and perhaps the black will suit your lifestyle a bit better since you have children? And maybe the beige flap is better in the medium/large size! I would love that one in beige and the jumbo in black! :yes:

You have to post pictures! I really really hope that you love your bag, and you should always do what you want to do. But i think that bag is such a great choice!

Congrats to you :hugs: