Finally got a Sasha!

Jul 6, 2012
As much as I love my premier bags, I :heart: Botkier bags.

And after a couple years of longing and looking... I finally got a non-black Sasha...

For $190!!! Can't wait until it gets here (I keep checking the tracking every couple of hours like it'll make a difference:P)!

Attachments

• sasha merlot.jpg
    sasha merlot.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 551
I finally got it... but I'm soooo disappointed... :cry:

It's a beautiful color, but it feels and sounds like cheap pleather - so stiff and rough. So unlike any of my other Botkier bags and what I love about Botkier leather- super soft and buttery.

Anyone seen this kind of quality change with Botkier recently?

That looks like a beautiful bag. I love that style.

Did you get it yet?

Where are you shopping that you got that for $190.00?

Post pictures when it gets here.

I got it at Bluefly and had a promo code. But even without the promo code it was around $230.

I finally got it... but I'm soooo disappointed... :cry:

It's a beautiful color, but it feels and sounds like cheap pleather - so stiff and rough. So unlike any of my other Botkier bags and what I love about Botkier leather- super soft and buttery.

Anyone seen this kind of quality change with Botkier recently?

I got it at Bluefly and had a promo code. But even without the promo code it was around $230.
It's not the whole line, I think it's just the ones that they had re-made for their online "sample sales" and then to farm out to the off-price retailers. That wine colored Sasha was on the Botkier online sample sale back in October, then started showing up, along with the wine Trigger and Biancas, on the off-price sites a few weeks later. I bought a black Sasha on Hautelook that was advertised as lambskin. I'm pretty dubious that it is, since I had a lambskin Brinks and the two leathers were completely different, and also different from my Eden, which was gorgeous, thick cow leather. But they're all doing it - I had bags from Kooba that were full price and one from "Last Call" and the difference was stunning. I LOVE the retail Botkier bags and wanted a Sasha but they stopped making them at full price.

It's not the whole line, I think it's just the ones that they had re-made for their online "sample sales" and then to farm out to the off-price retailers. That wine colored Sasha was on the Botkier online sample sale back in October, then started showing up, along with the wine Trigger and Biancas, on the off-price sites a few weeks later. I bought a black Sasha on Hautelook that was advertised as lambskin. I'm pretty dubious that it is, since I had a lambskin Brinks and the two leathers were completely different, and also different from my Eden, which was gorgeous, thick cow leather. But they're all doing it - I had bags from Kooba that were full price and one from "Last Call" and the difference was stunning. I LOVE the retail Botkier bags and wanted a Sasha but they stopped making them at full price.

Thanks for that info. That explains a lot... and makes me sad that even though sites like Bluefly is supposed to be more like overstock items (correct me if I'm wrong), it's actually not. So you think you're getting a great deal when you might not be.

I was a little shocked really at the quality as soon as I took it out of the box. The leather on this was just so unlike any of my Botkier (Howard Street, Logan, or Venice) - I even doubt it's real leather honestly (it's THAT bad). I have cheap bags made of PU leather that feel softer than this one.

I have a botkier sasha in black from 2005 or 2006 that I still love... although it is too small for me to use every day now. I also have an original kooba and marc jacobs... the quality just isn't the same anymore (sad to say).