Finally got a Mono Insolite--but there is a problem

plome

Apr 7, 2007
I was finally able to pick up a Mono Insolite wallet a couple days ago--I had been waiting for about a month. I admit, the purchase itself was a bit hasty--I gave it a once-over, paid, and rushed off to do other errands. The next day when I took it out of its box, I noticed that one of the zippered pockets doesn't completely close. This causes the dangly part to hang oddly when the wallet is closed. I'm more than a bit irritated. Has anyone else encountered this problem with an Insolite? I was assured that the item was not a return, so I guess this is a manufacturing defect? The other zippered closure seems fine. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 3291616788_7830bd05ea.jpg
    3291616788_7830bd05ea.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 3291616898_b3c6e02d2b.jpg
    3291616898_b3c6e02d2b.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 235
I was finally able to pick up a Mono Insolite wallet a couple days ago--I had been waiting for about a month. I admit, the purchase itself was a bit hasty--I gave it a once-over, paid, and rushed off to do other errands. The next day when I took it out of its box, I noticed that one of the zippered pockets doesn't completely close. This causes the dangly part to hang oddly when the wallet is closed. I'm more than a bit irritated. Has anyone else encountered this problem with an Insolite? I was assured that the item was not a return, so I guess this is a manufacturing defect? The other zippered closure seems fine. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

Can i ask you one thing when you bought this wallet what kind of box and dust cover u got? i got red dust cover and SA put my wallet in a shoe box (which is really big) i dont knoe why she not gave me the wallet box!:confused1:

You need to exchange that one. I had to return a damier ebene speedy 30 several months ago for the same problem. Its important that your zipper close all the way, especially on your wallet because as you say the zipper pull will not store property when you close the wallet and it will mark up the interior leather. Take it back. I hope they can find you another. Your boutique can call customer serivce and have one shipped to them from another store. You should not have to wait long.

I was in LV today (sacramento) and my SA said the same thing, that the wallet does not close all the way. She said she would not sell it to any of her customers since it seems defective. I checked the damier one and it seemed fine. I love the wallet.
I would definately exchange or return it.