Finally found mine! My first cabat is here.

BV_LC_poodle

Feb 27, 2015
After scrolling through the numerous cabat threads multiple times and searching for one that would work for me, I want to introduce you to my pre-loved Bottle Marcapunto medium cabat. All my checkboxes are checked:

Versatile, all-year round color
Durable and not too floppy material
Not too heavy

I got it at a fairly reasonable price. It had some discoloration on the handles, a faded corner and the leather was a little dry. I sent it to Modern Leather and I explained to them I could still return the bag within 30 days and that I wanted an honest evaluation from them. The gentleman from ML called back and told me he felt very confident that he could revitalize the faded handles with 95% matching color. I trusted him and asked for a spa + revitalization session and it came back yesterday looking PERFECT! Just perfect! They did a really good job. I can't even locate which corner was the one that has been worked on! It's $175 well spent! He was too humble when he told me he could do a 95% match.

I also asked for his opinion of adding two ties on the sides since calf is a bit too stiff to be "trained" to the folded position. He said that would be another $100 and he could match the color of the ties to the bag BUT he said it's not reversible and if it were his bag he wouldn't do so because "there's no reason to do that to such a beautiful design." I trusted his judgment and decided not to add the ties. He suggested clipping one or two no-crease laundry clips to the sides to train them folding inwards. I'll try to add a picture of the training process later.

Please join me to welcome my first cabat [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

IMG_1491631589.700746.jpg
IMG_1491631602.797087.jpgIMG_1491631612.017905.jpg

After scrolling through the numerous cabat threads multiple times and searching for one that would work for me, I want to introduce you to my pre-loved Bottle Marcapunto medium cabat. All my checkboxes are checked:

Versatile, all-year round color
Durable and not too floppy material
Not too heavy

I got it at a fairly reasonable price. It had some discoloration on the handles, a faded corner and the leather was a little dry. I sent it to Modern Leather and I explained to them I could still return the bag within 30 days and that I wanted an honest evaluation from them. The gentleman from ML called back and told me he felt very confident that he could revitalize the faded handles with 95% matching color. I trusted him and asked for a spa + revitalization session and it came back yesterday looking PERFECT! Just perfect! They did a really good job. I can't even locate which corner was the one that has been worked on! It's $175 well spent! He was too humble when he told me he could do a 95% match.

I also asked for his opinion of adding two ties on the sides since calf is a bit too stiff to be "trained" to the folded position. He said that would be another $100 and he could match the color of the ties to the bag BUT he said it's not reversible and if it were his bag he wouldn't do so because "there's no reason to do that to such a beautiful design." I trusted his judgment and decided not to add the ties. He suggested clipping one or two no-crease laundry clips to the sides to train them folding inwards. I'll try to add a picture of the training process later.

Please join me to welcome my first cabat [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

View attachment 3660658
View attachment 3660659View attachment 3660660
Love the colour!