Finally did it....

Jan 19, 2008
So I ordered my first pair of Louboutins!! I'm sure it'll be the first of many....:lol:

How many of you get those red rubber soles put on your new Louboutins? Do you wait until the red paint has come off and then get them put on? Or are you not bothered??

yay congrats! i am too waiting for my first CLs to arrive. I also have some red soles for resoling, planning to do it after a few wears. I am very rough on my shoes so eventually i will have to do it anyway.

i think someone mentioned that if you take new pairs of loubies to the cobbler they will have to sand the sole a bit before they can put on the soles anyway, i would rather do that myself by wearing them :smile:

Congrats on your first pair! Post pics when you get them. I have not put the red soles on them. I have enough to wear in circulation that the wear is minimal. I am also not as anal as others about maintaining the red, so I have not bothered getting it done.

YAY! Post pics when you get them. I haven't had any of my CLs resoled. I like to wear them out myself first before getting any soles done. I'm light on my feet anyway and I have enough shoes in rotation that it might take me a while to have a pair resoled.

I'm planning on getting mine resoled, and like everyone else, I would rather wear them down myself than have the cobbler sand them. Taking that first step and scuffing your sole is a little traumatic, but you keep going and it really is nice that the red doesnt stay, its too slick.

I'm going to have to do it soon, already the sole is really worn on my brown and black VPs. I wear them so often that there is no red left on the ball of the foot area!

I had a couple re-soled because I wore them a million times.
I wont re-sole the others for a long time. Not worth doing it right away. I bought a bunch of soles & put one in each box just to have when the time comes.