Finally CLs in my country.. but I'm disappointed

shesaiddestroy

<3
O.G.
Nov 8, 2007
Hey girls!

I feel kind of sad. I was so thrilled when I first heard Louboutins would be sold in the Netherlands, and really couldn't wait to have a look at them. Monday I walked through the street that had that certain store where they would be sold, it wasn't open yet but in the window I saw the tortoiseshell very prive, the c'est moi boots and the drapiday, but couldn't see more. Yesterday I went there again when they were open so I could take a look at the entire collection.

Which really was disappointing:crybaby:.

There were two very prives, the tortoiseshell and one with lace. The c'est moi boots were in black and purple. The drapiday was there in black, I saw the altadama (I think it was watersnake), they had black patent mary janes, and the babel boots. And that was it. 6 different models. (Edit: and they have been selling CLs for more than 2 months now)

Really. That was it.
I asked if they had decolletes, (new) simples, ron rons, pigalle, clichy, declics, any of those. The SA looked at me as if I spoke a different language. He did tell me that half/end september they would get black leather close toed platform pumps, which I figured would be the new simples, but they wouldn't be getting any non-platforms at all. (And I just happen to LOVELOVELOVE the decollete, ugh!!) I asked if they would also get black leather very prives (and maybe a red tip?), but also a no.
I asked if other stores in the netherlands would start selling CLs (because all of a sudden I really didn't like this store anymore), but he didn't think so because CL wouldn't be sold in "shoe stores", but in stores that also sell clothes and bags, and then also CLs. I said I knew there was a store in Antwerpen in Belgium (thanks to your story Leslie!) that sold CLs, and he said (and rolled his eyes!), "no miss there is no such store in antwerpen, christian louboutin isn't sold in belgium at all". So I tried tell him that CL really is sold in belgium as well, but he just didn't believe me. I felt a bit laughed at!:cursing:

I was SOOO disappointed, and still am. But I didn't want to leave without trying something on, so I went for the tortoiseshell patent very prives. I usually wear a size 38 or 39 (in netherlands we don't have the half sizes), but 38 is mostly a teeny weeny too tight and 39 is okay but with sandal-like shoes my heel slips out, I asked for a 39 because I have wide feet and all the CLs look sooo narrow! It did fit well but when I walked towards the mirror my heel slipped out, so I tried the 38.5, which was good for walking but the toe box felt really tight.
But I really loved looking into the mirror and seeing that red sole and gorgeous heel, I knew I won't rest before I can get some CLs to call my own hehehe. Some day...

So now I just don't know. I could order CLs from mytheresa.com or net-a-porter.com, but I would rather like trying them on in stores, but then.. WHERE? I'm thinking of going to Antwerpen in Belgium, or maybe to Germany, or maybe the UK! All my neigbour countries sell lovely CLs and I'm stuck with 6 different models and a SA who doesn't know anything.
I feel kinda sad about it, I was hoping to go home with a pair of very prives, decolletes or new simples, but this really was not what I had expected.

I'm gonna go ask my boyfriend if he wants to go to London during Christmas break, I'll start saving up now LOL:graucho:

:heart:
Mandy

I feel for you. Athens also has only one store that imports CLs, and the selection is minimum. However the SAs are very nice. The prices are 20% higher than NET and Myteresa, so I'm not buying from the local boutique (they only have a taupe Decollete pair, and a Leopard-Print VP). I 'll try the shoes I like from boutiques in London and Berlin soon, and I'll order on line. I'm dying for a trip to Paris but that will not be very soon unfortunately.

He I'd LOVE the tortoise very prive so in my opinion you're lucky - here in CPH the selection is if possible even smaller, so I'm "stuck" with NAP - prob the best thing since I'd die from dehydration drewling over the window

Honestly, I live in Chicago and I have been to Neimans and Saks and they even have a limited selection. None of them had the New Simples, Declics, or Decolletes. Only one had the Very Prive and one had the No Prive but only in one fabric. I think they either sell out very quickly or they just don't order that much because they are very expensive and it would be hard to stock every shoe style.

Anyway, good luck with your search!

SO many stores have a limited selection. Don't get too worked up over it, especially since this is the first time they've arrived in your country. They will get more! Be patient, and keep hunting! But seriously, I live in the mountains and am at least 5 hours away from any Louboutins...it's no big deal. It's just not worth getting worked up over. That's why they make fabulous online stores with great return policies!

Ahh, tortoise Very Prive? I LOVE those! Those are scarce right now over here! You are very lucky to have them.

Honestly, I live in Chicago and I have been to Neimans and Saks and they even have a limited selection. None of them had the New Simples, Declics, or Decolletes. Only one had the Very Prive and one had the No Prive but only in one fabric. I think they either sell out very quickly or they just don't order that much because they are very expensive and it would be hard to stock every shoe style.

Anyway, good luck with your search!

ITA! I live in Chicago and we have all these excellent stores, including Barneys, and the selections are pretty slim. Most of purchased shoes came from buying them online or ordered from out-of-state department stores

I live three hours from the closest store that sells Louboutins and that hasn't stopped me from building a large collection! Frankly I think shopping with intel from you all is even better than shopping in NYC. I find out who has exactly what I want without having to leave my house. Once you figure out your sizes in the various styles, it's not so bad (but I realize that being in the US, I don't have to deal with customs problems that others have since the selection in the US is so good).

^ Exactly! I don't know just HOW many amazing things I've purchased over the internet. I think I've only ever made a couple amazing in-store purchases, one of which was a Marc Jacobs skirt, but other than that, the best deals, and selection, is online.

Hi Mandy!
Glad I could help you with the decolletes:graucho:! The shop in Antwerp (-> YES! there IS a shop in Belgium that sells CL!!! Ugh I should call him and laugh at him! LOL!) hasn't got too much CL's either but they've only starting selling them 3 weeks ago. I asked if there will be new additions and the SA said that they will gradually come in. Saw today that they had: black suede very prives, black leather c'est moi booties, black patent en bleu glittart decolletes, trotinette ankle boots (which are 855&#8364;) and a black bootie (don't know the name). They now have installed a whole red corner for the loubies! Can't wait till it's all filled with loubies:nuts: (hopefully LOL)!

Ooooow if you go to London you must visit harrods (and Selfridges!)!! I went to London last winter and :wtf: Oh my GOD! there was a whole floor with shoes... nothing but beautiful shoes!!!! I didn't know where to look first!! Unfortunately my friend isn't much into shoes so I couldn't spend a whole day there :crybaby:!

Last edited: