Finally bought my first BBag -- Second Thoughts on Color...

well, in an ideal world, i'd get both...:devil:hehe
but if you are already having doubts, i would get the black city. give yourself just a couple of days to try out the greige though (within the 10-day limit, of course!). you might end up liking it.

i think you should keep the greige! it's a year round color IMO, but if you are afraid of a dirtier looking bag, maybe exchange it for one of the darker new fall colors! the truffle or sapin might be right up your alley!

This is exactly why I got my first bbag in black. Go for the black. :P I'm VERY indecisive - and I thought about what color I wanted to get for awhile. I was in between the caramel, chocolate, and black - and then I thought about colors - at the time I really liked the turquoise and the apple green (this was spring of 2005, and the bags were REALLY popular here - so I'd have to go on a waiting list for whatever bag I chose). My mind changed every day - then by summer I finally decided on the black. I knew any other color I'd pick I'd be iffy about because I'm not that out going with my bags. Anyway, so I got my black city last summer - and I haven't regretted it since. It goes with all colors, with any outfit - and I've never regretted my choice :P

tkingny, as the other ladies mentioned, try using the greige for a couple of days and see how you feel. If you are still craving another color after that point, by all means exchange it for one you love!
But, before you do that, would you mind posting a couple of pics of your greige?? :shame: :flowers: (I can't get it out of my mind and I would love to see all the greiges that I can!) TIA!!

I think the griege is a fantastic color. All in all though, I think it's really dependent on the color of clothes you feel comfortable with. The Black is a classic (but it's available every season). The blueberry has a great pop to it on some bags, others it seems so dark. The color though is brilliant and a wonderful neutral either way.

The reasons why I like the griege is its a complex color. A touch of khaki, a touch of grey and it goes with so many things. I would try it for a few days as others have mentioned and see how you feel about it. If you still find it's not for you, then I would probably go for the blueberry (but then again, the black is a classic!) Some day, I will get a black, once I get tired of all the other colors! ;)

I do really like the griege -- it's a great color, but it's very light. I live in NY, and I'm not particularly 'gentle' with my bags. So, I keep wondering how this bag is going to look after regular use. However, I keep wondering whether the black will look harsh and 'wintery' for use in the spring/summer, but I saw a woman the other day wearing one and she looked great -- she totally changed my mind! How do guys think the blueberry (I'm now also considering grenat and blue grey) will look with browns? It's so hard to decide!!!

tkingny said:
I do really like the griege -- it's a great color, but it's very light. I live in NY, and I'm not particularly 'gentle' with my bags. So, I keep wondering how this bag is going to look after regular use. However, I keep wondering whether the black will look harsh and 'wintery' for use in the spring/summer, but I saw a woman the other day wearing one and she looked great -- she totally changed my mind! How do guys think the blueberry (I'm now also considering grenat and blue grey) will look with browns? It's so hard to decide!!!

I live in NY also, about 25 minutes from Manhattan and I use my black city all year round. It just works :P Maybe you saw me!!! Hahaha

awww, i think the greige is very pretty but when i tried it out in the store, it didn't stand out as much as the blueberry. and the black is always a classic, too. i think it kinda depends on your outfits and personal style. for me, i tend to wear a lot of dark/neutral clothes, so i like having a colorful bag to contrast. :P

I say give it a couple of days to think about it, and if you still are unsure then exchange it for another color that you love! It took me a few days to get used to my ink city. ANd then once I did, I just fell head over heals in love with that bag! It is amazing!

I think for a first bag, go for the black.. its an instant classic. also that way you can carry it around, not worry about it getting dirty, really enjoy it. the grey is really really pretty, but you may baby it a bit.. being a light color and all...

The greige looks so pretty! Hmm..I agree with the other ladies. Hang onto it for a couple days, use it walk around a bit with it and if you still don't like it, exchange it for a Black or Blueberry. :smile: