Finally bought my first BBag -- Second Thoughts on Color...

tkingny

Jan 31, 2006
I finally bit the bullet (you guys are a terrible influence :smile:) and bought first BBag! I don't like changing bags all that often, so I wanted something that would be extremely versatile. So, after torturing Joseph forever and a day, I decided on the greige city. I also loved the black and had debated over getting it (or perhaps the blueberry because the color is just gorgeous), because it's such a classic. However, I wondered if it would just get sort of "lost" and wouldn't be noticed when I wore it. I also wondered whether I would wear it that much in the spring and summer (and let's face it, I want to start enjoying my bag NOW!). Well, on my way home, I saw a woman carrying a black city and it just looked so pretty on her!

So, now I'm having second thoughts. Should I keep the greige, or return it for the black, or maybe even the blueberry? :blink:

You know, I was a bit shell shocked when I got my first Balenciaga. I just did not know. (it was an Ink City, btw) Now, you'd probably have to kill me and pull the bag from my lifeless body to get it from me. I'd wait on it and see how you feel after a few days. Put the bag up, and don't look at it for 48 hours and then re-evaluate.

I do think the City is such a versatile bag, that you can automatically see yourself owning it in multiple colors. That is a normal reaction. Or, if it is not normal, it is normal on this forum, so we all think it is normal. Maybe we are all abnormal?

Thanks everyone. Maybe I should just think about it for a few days, but after reading all morning long about the blueberry, that (and the black, of course) are still looking pretty good to me! Maybe the blueberry in a first size and black city?

tkingny said:
Cal, I think that is right. If I return that bag, I will have to exchange it for a bag there. Of course, I didn't think about THAT until today!

Sorry. If you think you will get another in the future (and have the money), you can keep the credit and get the one at Shirise or you may find one for less on ebay.

tkingny said:
Cal, I think that is right. If I return that bag, I will have to exchange it for a bag there. Of course, I didn't think about THAT until today!

yeppers, that's correct, the nyc store has a 10-day exchange/store credit policy (for their store only) :yes:

I think the light colored bags are gorgeous...but I would be a bit afraid of using them... I generally ask myself if I am "okay" with throwing the bag under the seat in front of me on an airplane (love to travel!)... I have a black city and love it...no fears there!

^^I agree. I am pretty hard on my bags, which is why I stick to darker colors, also because I hate when you see or marks or scuffs on light bags. I'd advise you to go for the blueberry first and the black city! ;)