Finally, after two weeks of waiting! Dooney & Bourke Ashby

Jul 23, 2013
My Blush Ashby came in and I love her! I had to return my hot pink Brynn due to color fading. I know I’m late in the game on the bag but I do really like it. So, who else has the Ashby? What color and how do you like her???

Hi SB!:wave:
Congrats on your new Blush Ashby! She's beautiful! I don't have Ashby but l always enjoy watching the presentation of her on QVC. She is a perfect Spring/Summer bag!

Enjoy!

ETA: Do you plan on using the wristlet that comes with her? Just curious if people use the accessories that come with the TSVs. Thanks!

Reactions: southernbelle82
Congrats on your new Blush Ashby! She's beautiful! I don't have Ashby but l always enjoy watching the presentation of her on QVC. She is a perfect Spring/Summer bag!

Enjoy!

ETA: Do you plan on using the wristlet that comes with her? Just curious if people use the accessories that come with the TSVs. Thanks!

Hey RN!!!! Yes, as a matter of fact I used the wristlet today during lunch to walk up the block to get something sweet from the local delicatessen. It’s very convenient! I put my drivers license, debit card and health insurance card in it with some cash IMG_2874.jpg

Last edited:
Every time I see the presentation I think this is one of the prettiest and most practical accessories in a TSV. It sounds perfect for walking to the neighborhood deli and markets.
Thanks for the pic and info SB! :smile:

Enjoy!

In my early days of Dooney collecting, I didn't see any use for the accessories. But over the years, I find I use them. When a handbag comes with accessories, I take the accessories out of the bag and store them separately. Then when I need a wristlet or a pouch or little something I go to my collection to see what I have that will work. I've found uses for some I never thought would be functional. And with the cream colored leather lining in some Dooney handbags, I even use some of these accessories for keys to prevent soiling the handbags lining.

In my early days of Dooney collecting, I didn't see any use for the accessories. But over the years, I find I use them. When a handbag comes with accessories, I take the accessories out of the bag and store them separately. Then when I need a wristlet or a pouch or little something I go to my collection to see what I have that will work. I've found uses for some I never thought would be functional. And with the cream colored leather lining in some Dooney handbags, I even use some of these accessories for keys to prevent soiling the handbags lining.
Hi LJ!:smile:
Thanks so much for your input! I like the way you store and use your accessories. During the TSV presentations they spend more time telling you how the accessories make great gifts and less time showing you the useful ways you can use it for yourself. During the presentations they tell you the retail value of the accessory so you see you're saving money, then they tell you to gift it! :rolleyes: My only TSV is the double pocket satchel from 2009 or 10 (or 11). I used the pouch that came with it for my hand wipes, lens cleaners, pill case, etc., in just about every bag I carried for a while. Then I used it in my carry-on bags for a while.

You are SO right! Why DO they tell you to gift the accessories and not give you ideas how to use them?

I have several of the flat “pouches”. Do you guys know what I mean? They are only a half inch thick? What can you use those for? I haven’t used one yet. I’m just not creative and need some ideas, please.

You are SO right! Why DO they tell you to gift the accessories and not give you ideas how to use them?

I have several of the flat “pouches”. Do you guys know what I mean? They are only a half inch thick? What can you use those for? I haven’t used one yet. I’m just not creative and need some ideas, please.

LID: I use a thinner pouch for carrying around meds and bandages. The pouch keeps them clean and easily accessible. A smaller or thinner pouch is also useful for contact lens supplies that some people carry. I've also seen some videos where smaller pouches are used for 'personal products', and for lip products (if you carry a bunch of those), or ear buds for electronics. I'm guessing they could also be used for electronics chargers. And a smaller pouch can be used for keys (either loose keys or those on the end of the key leash, as a way to keep the lining of the handbag clean. (Keys are very dirty because the inside of locks often contain some lubricant).
Larger, wallet size, thin pouches can be used for receipts or coupons.

Some ladies like several smaller pouches/cosmetic cases as a way to organize their handbags. Other ladies prefer a single larger catch all cosmetic case to toss everything into. And some prefer a handbag organizer. And of course there are those that are happiest letting all their items play together in the bottom of their handbag.

Since I've been using a smaller pouch for meds, I've decided that it works very well for me. I have several very small plastic pill cases that each contain different meds. I like to be prepared and am happiest if I never need to use any of them.

It's easier to fit several smaller pouches into different shape/size handbags and it's also very easy to switch handbags and then to find what I need when I'm out. I have a medium/large cosmetic case, and I used to keep the meds in it. But even though 2 cases/pouches take up more room than 1 slightly larger one, I find it much easier to get to what I need when the meds are in a separate pouch/cosmetic case... less fumbling and more discrete when I'm out and about with other people. Whether it's a sugar substitute, a Tylenol, or some other med, I prefer to keep the hunting around to a minimum.

You need to see what works for you. Don't let the name of the accessory limit how you use it. :smile:

LID: I use a thinner pouch for carrying around meds and bandages. The pouch keeps them clean and easily accessible. A smaller or thinner pouch is also useful for contact lens supplies that some people carry. I've also seen some videos where smaller pouches are used for 'personal products', and for lip products (if you carry a bunch of those), or ear buds for electronics. I'm guessing they could also be used for electronics chargers. And a smaller pouch can be used for keys (either loose keys or those on the end of the key leash, as a way to keep the lining of the handbag clean. (Keys are very dirty because the inside of locks often contain some lubricant).
Larger, wallet size, thin pouches can be used for receipts or coupons.

Some ladies like several smaller pouches/cosmetic cases as a way to organize their handbags. Other ladies prefer a single larger catch all cosmetic case to toss everything into. And some prefer a handbag organizer. And of course there are those that are happiest letting all their items play together in the bottom of their handbag.

Since I've been using a smaller pouch for meds, I've decided that it works very well for me. I have several very small plastic pill cases that each contain different meds. I like to be prepared and am happiest if I never need to use any of them.

It's easier to fit several smaller pouches into different shape/size handbags and it's also very easy to switch handbags and then to find what I need when I'm out. I have a medium/large cosmetic case, and I used to keep the meds in it. But even though 2 cases/pouches take up more room than 1 slightly larger one, I find it much easier to get to what I need when the meds are in a separate pouch/cosmetic case... less fumbling and more discrete when I'm out and about with other people. Whether it's a sugar substitute, a Tylenol, or some other med, I prefer to keep the hunting around to a minimum.

You need to see what works for you. Don't let the name of the accessory limit how you use it. :smile:
This is absolutely genius! I never thought about using the thin cases for receipts and cash! And all these years I have been using envelopes. I need to step up my game!

I, too, carry my meds in a separate case because I can’t leave home without them. It is a small one so it can be discreet and I can fit it in a coat pocket, work tote, handbag and pants pocket.

If Dooney ever adds RFID technology I can

Darn computer wouldn’t let me finish. If they add RFID I can use the thin ones for the piles of store cards that one carries around to save 20 cents here and there.

Thank you for the inspiration, lavenderjunkie. This is VERY helpful. Switching from my envelopes to leather and coated cotton cases will make me feel like a Queen!

Hi LJ!:smile:
Thanks so much for your input! I like the way you store and use your accessories. During the TSV presentations they spend more time telling you how the accessories make great gifts and less time showing you the useful ways you can use it for yourself. During the presentations they tell you the retail value of the accessory so you see you're saving money, then they tell you to gift it! :rolleyes: My only TSV is the double pocket satchel from 2009 or 10 (or 11). I used the pouch that came with it for my hand wipes, lens cleaners, pill case, etc., in just about every bag I carried for a while. Then I used it in my carry-on bags for a while.
I've noticed the same thing with QVC presentations. In fact, I've recently left feedback to them to that effect. Not that they would necessarily pay attention...:rolleyes:
I've found the accessories extremely useful for me.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Darn computer wouldn’t let me finish. If they add RFID I can use the thin ones for the piles of store cards that one carries around to save 20 cents here and there.

Thank you for the inspiration, lavenderjunkie. This is VERY helpful. Switching from my envelopes to leather and coated cotton cases will make me feel like a Queen!
Yes, I thought about using the pouches for credit cards or store cards. The lack of RFID protection in Dooney handbags and wallets is becoming a concern. But don't worry about store loyalty cards all that much.... debit cards/ ATM cash cards would be my biggest concern, credit cards next, but not as much. In any case it's a hassle if your info is stolen, but with a debit/ ATM cash cards you have to fight to get your money back. With a credit cards your liability is generally very limited and you still have the money in your account, you just have to fight the charges and get a new card. But still a hassle.
Of course no one wants any info to be stolen. Each little piece of info helps the thieves and scammers build your profile and exposes you further.

I've noticed the same thing with QVC presentations. In fact, I've recently left feedback to them to that effect. Not that they would necessarily pay attention...:rolleyes:
I've found the accessories extremely useful for me.
Hi DBL! :smile:
Thanks for your reply! I'm glad you gave feedback. You never know where it will lead. I'm also happy you find the accessories useful!