Finally, a reason to like Vancouver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry the Vancouverites haven't been treating you too well; maybe we've been down in the dumps from the terrible weather!! I promise we're usually very accommodating friendly people.

Speaking of snotty BalNY people though... I found the salespeople at Holt really snotty too! when the saleslady asked me if I needed any help, I said "no thank you, I"m just looking." I was really shocked when she said to me "well then why don't you put the bag down and just look!" I WAS going to buy a twiggy from there but now I am looking for it on ebay.

Anyways that was off on a tangent... I really hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Van!

Wow!

Old thread, but I felt I had to comment. My reaction would have been "excuse me? could you repeat what you said please as well as explain what you meant by that, sarcasm and all". And right after that "can I speak with your manager please?"

I dislike Holts because of their snooty staff and prices that are 20-30% higher than in the US.

But then, I dislike Van too, I have lived here for the last 16 years and the weather sucks hard; i barely get to wear my summer clothes. I live in thin wool sweaters all year round. My wool coat gets worn 9-10 months out of a year.

Unfortunately moving out of Van is not a viable option right now.

We do have a pretty city when it's sunny out! I live for these times!

I visited last summer so this was a fun read! Thanks for bumping it up!

I also went to the HR there. I thought the SA was all right... But then this is 4 years later. LOL! I really wanted to bring the Outremer MU home but it was 200 bucks more than Bal Singapore for the little thing! And GST can no longer be claimed, even for tourists!

I just visited HR in Toronto.
I had a blast with the Bal bags and then jackets and the SAs were fantastic.

I'm sure you were referring to the rough weather when you mentioned only finding one good reason to like Vancouver, as I find all of the Canadian people to be super warm and friendly and mad chill about everything. But...I mean...come on...it's Vancouver in December. Not Hawaii...

Fun Fact: I big puffy pink glittery heart me some snotty NYC SAs. Maybe because I'm a snotty beotch from Jersey, so it's the norm for me. We're just full of snot over here.

Disclaimer: I really don't find the NY SAs to be snotty at all. The people I have dealt with are wonderful. Just sayin'....
:graucho:
World English Dictionary
snotty (ˈsnɒtɪ) sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif— adj , -tier , -tiest 1. dirty with nasal discharge
Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

Just wondering if you all know how old this thread is, LOL.

I think Van is the prettiest city in the world, only downfall is all the RAIN. I am on Van break at the moment and hope to keep traveling south for SUN! I may just go back for the summers! To anyone that hasn't been to Vancouver, I'd highly suggest it for vacay -Summer ONLY! Robson is a blast, Yaletown, Gastown, Stanley Park, Granville Island, so many cool places to go to. I dislike Holts because of how rude the SA are and you can sense the rudeness upon arrival. It's that bad, IMHO. I don't know of any other options for Balenciaga though.

Status
Not open for further replies.