Finally, A Decision Made......Intrecciato U. Paglia!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So after all my visions of sugar bags dancing in my head for the last few weeks, this bag was something unexpected and spoke to me more than all the other beautiful bags. It's a departure for me. Very structured and in the brown family but I'm always looking for the right thing that lets me branch out and spread my wings.

This style has no name but was available in the Early F/W 2009 collection in PDP (page 44-45) and in Nero waxed Python (page 48).

The stats:

Color - Cigar
    Hardware - Brunito
    Price - $3480
    Measurments - L 15 1/2" H 10" W 6 1/2"

This is a new group by BV in Nappa Umbria with a tone on tone "Fettuccia in Paglia" called Intecciato U. Paglia. Paglia is the Italian word for straw. It uses an ancient technique called Cornely. A thread of straw is embroidered down the center of each fettucce by a special machine. They have to take special care as the fettucce are very delicate.

I know I usually don't do brown but the Cigar color is not quite as warm as most browns and the straw has undertones of pink and lavender that are extremely subtle but keep a cool feel to the bag. I really feel the the price point is quite good for the delicate intricate detailing. It is beautiful and classy. This broad could use a little class! :graucho:

May I present my new beauty. :cutesy:

Attached Files:

2. Let the fun begin......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Wow!!! What gorgeous detail on this! Stunning, stunning beauty!!!

Congrats!

4. The bag has the hidden wire piping so you can shape the bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. It's just gorgeous, BL! Definitely not the usual for BV, yet very classy and interesting. I like the variations in color, how it sits without slouching, and the handles are beautifully Bottega Veneta. Well done!

Big congratulations :smile:

6. The nerve of tPF going into maintenance mode while I'm in the middle of my reveal!!!! :nuts:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. DH was kind enough to take these before we went out today and so she got a test run! I love her. :yahoo:

Of course I'm wearing my uniform! :P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Wow -that is a stunning bag BL :woohoo: - and I must say you wear is so well - love the modeling shots (btw that is my uniform as well :smile:

Congrats!

9. one word: GORGEOUS!

10. Thanks, I bet you wear my second uniform too then.....jeans and a black top! :lol:

11. #11 Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
    Wow...that is a beautiful bag, truly beautiful.

[​IMG]

12. Dayum girl!!! Looking maaavveeeellllous!!!!

Jburgh - thanks for posting the close up, how gorgeous is that????

13. Yowza! :faint: I love her more today than yesterday. :P I'm so excited that I was there to help you shop, not that you needed any help. :graucho:

This pic is perfect. You should post it in the tpf members bags as art thread that jburgh started!

[​IMG]

14. BL - Love! Love! Love! Apart from the really unique weave, I love that it's a departure from the normal weave. So this is Cigar... hmmm, I was imagining it to be darker. But may be different on other types of leather. Did this weave come in other bags styles or just this one?

15. Purrrfection!