Final straw - I am done with Coach

kristinmcd

Sleep With Your Bag?
O.G.
Apr 4, 2008
I got a call today from my outlet to tell me that she was following up on my client tracker for a Hampton's Vintage Hobo. She told me that there were none because they are still at the full price stores and online... (Um, not even close, chick! They have been floating around for months.) But she assured me that there were some lovely factory-only bags that I needed to see. (YUCK!)

Well, I decided that I was tired of all the misinformation and the blatant lying done by JAX and the outlets. I took every bag and accessory I had that still had tags on it and returned it to the outlet. I returned over $1400.00 in merchandise including Gigi's, Legacy '07 shoulder bags, wristlets, wallets, pony scarves, and keychains. I had the receipts for everything and I highlighted them all to make it easier for the salesgirl. :biggrin:

I walked out of the outlet and I just don't think I will go back again..

I then justified my first Louis Vuitton bag (the Damier Bloomsbury in my avatar) that I purchased last week. I know it will be the first of many. And since they retain their value, I will not lose my arse if I choose to sell it down the line!

Sadly, I think the powers that be at Coach have really erred this last year with their decisions (Factory Legacy, 50% off clearance on online merch while it is still in the stores, PCE practices etc...)

Best of luck to you all! I will come visit but I will mostly be hanging out elsewhere.

Congrats on your LV! ITA that it's totally pathetic that those of us on tPF know more than most Coach employees. I don't blame you one bit for returning all those items. Hope to still 'see' you around and we'll miss you :yes:

I totally understand and I'm happy that you were able to get all of your money back. That LV is a beauty, and at least with LV you know it won't end up in an outlet store for 75% off less than 3 months after you buy it. :smile: Enjoy!

I'm very sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. I've only been into coach for about a year now...I haven't had any bad experiences yet, but I also haven't really tried to call to find out about any bags...

Can I ask the outlet that you returned those things to? If you don't feel comfortable saying, that's fine...but I'd like to pick some of those up, lol...

Im sorry but Im not seeing what the big deal is. They are trying to change their system so that people dont keep getting burned by buying fp bags then them going to boutique.

Yes, but it's after the fact. I got burned repeatedly by buying them at FP when I was told that they were not going to the outlets by JAX, boutiques and outlet.

Congrats on your LV! ITA that it's totally pathetic that those of us on tPF know more than most Coach employees. I don't blame you one bit for returning all those items. Hope to still 'see' you around and we'll miss you :yes:

Gosh, ain't that the truth!!! I hated talking to the SA that I did a couple of days ago...we need a Coach outlet in my town so I can work there and get it right...the first time!!!