Final Plea for Opinions!

Jan 29, 2013
I really need some input. Sorry for starting a new thread but now I am considering purchasing 2 new handbags (brown tone and black)

Here I go again! I went to Macys hoping they would offer their 25/20 but no go. (had my mind set if they did!) So went to the FP store to try on bags again. I had ruled out Courtenay - now I think I like it better than the Isabelle. It has a little something extra - stylewise. I think it is the hardware.

I plan to order/buy by Thursday (giving myself a deadline) as I am driving myself crazy!

I may get Courtenay in Cognac and Black.

But need opinions first.

I have the Rory Colorblock purchased a while back and never used. (the black/brown combo) I love the color combo but am worried about it being too "trendy". I am a traditional/classic girl and want things that will look fine for years to come.

Options:

1. Should I get the Rory in black while still available - and give up the Colorblock? Then get the Courtenay Cognac for my brown bag.

2. Get Courtenay in Black and Cognac (too boring to have 2 the same?):nuts::nuts::nuts:

3. Keep the Rory Colorblock and count as my black or brown bag and purchase 1 Courtenay in either Cognac or Black

Not sure why I am having such a hard time. I guess it would make things easier if I picked out bags that were actually still available in stores!

Thanks again from the indecisive TPFr. :nuts:

I would go with option 1. I like the color block bags but I also think they're more trendy than timeless. Getting a Rory and Courtenay is a nice option. With both you get 2 great looking classic bags and you get to cover both your bases with a black and a brown bag.

Option 1 or option 2. I personally have no issue with having the same bag in various colors and/or materials. If you like Courtenay enough to have her in two colors, go for it! If you love Rory just as much as Courtenay, get one of each.

Thanks for the input thus far!

I see a trend...Black Rory, Cognac Courtenay. To me that completely makes sense. I think I would feel boring to have 2 bags in the same color - I feel boring enough sticking with black and brown. Not that those colors aren't beautiful but....like I said I want classic/timeless.

Thanks again - so appreciate having this forum as a sounding board and for all the knowledge!:smile:

If you want to get more mileage out of your bags, forget the colorblock. That is too trendy.
IMO, to get a bag in two different colors, you must really L-o-v-e it. Ask yourself that question: Do you love the Courtenay so much that you want it two colors?
If it were me, I would bid farewell to colorblock Rory and get that in black and the Courtenay in brown.
I guess that's option 1. And if that was the first option you considered, was it your "gut" feeling.
A lot of times tpfers get asked, and then the person asking goes with their initial choice! lolol. Your first choice makes the most sense to me.

If you want to get more mileage out of your bags, forget the colorblock. That is too trendy.
IMO, to get a bag in two different colors, you must really L-o-v-e it. Ask yourself that question: Do you love the Courtenay so much that you want it two colors?
If it were me, I would bid farewell to colorblock Rory and get that in black and the Courtenay in brown.
I guess that's option 1. And if that was the first option you considered, was it your "gut" feeling.
A lot of times tpfers get asked, and then the person asking goes with their initial choice! lolol. Your first choice makes the most sense to me.
That's what I am thinking...but...now Rory is available in Cognac so may switch which bag I get in which color. but maybe black in Rory is better...won't look as big?