Final Decision: Manhattan GM or Tivoli GM

article3

Loves Bags
O.G.
Jul 28, 2007
Manhattan! It's more of a classic, IMHO - I like the Tivoli, but I see the Manhattan as a more versatile shape.

sophia618

O.G.
Jun 30, 2006
it's always summer here!
Manhattan GM!!!:heart: this is my newest purchase (damier Sophie is my newest bag, but this one was a Christmas gift from my mom in Japan!!!) ----- i've been wanting this bag forever!!! i already have manhattan PM and i love it so much, i had to get GM too!

The buckle on the Manhattan seems like it is a pain to buckle and unbuckle every time you want to get into it

that's what i thought before i got this bag, but it's not as bad as you think.....you can take your wallet or keys or whatever you need WITHOUT unbuckling it....i can actually unzip 1/2 (or less) of the bag and get whatever i need!!!

i've been using it with pursket (med size) inside so it's more organized....!!! :tup:

i know the weight it a big problem for a lot of people....but it's no more than my other heavy bags like MC speedy or le fab~
it's a very popular bag for celeb too!!!;):graucho:

E-luxury

Aug 22, 2007
Manhattan GM!!!:heart: this is my newest purchase (damier Sophie is my newest bag, but this one was a Christmas gift from my mom in Japan!!!) ----- i've been wanting this bag forever!!! i already have manhattan PM and i love it so much, i had to get GM too!

that's what i thought before i got this bag, but it's not as bad as you think.....you can take your wallet or keys or whatever you need WITHOUT unbuckling it....i can actually unzip 1/2 (or less) of the bag and get whatever i need!!!

i've been using it with pursket (med size) inside so it's more organized....!!! :tup:

i know the weight it a big problem for a lot of people....but it's no more than my other heavy bags like MC speedy or le fab~
it's a very popular bag for celeb too!!!;):graucho:
I did not think about the purseket for the Manhattan...does the Medium size work well or the large purseket will be better?

Thanks.

MiuLouisChoo

Sep 15, 2005
Far from where I started
I plan on getting a tivoli and have owned the manhattan GM and it is the heaviest bag I have ever had. PASS on it. Lovely but you will regret buying it later cause you'll never wanna lug it around! Even heavier than a Birkin. Nothing like a light bag that easy to handle sometimes.

MiuLouisChoo

Sep 15, 2005
Far from where I started
I did not think about the purseket for the Manhattan...does the Medium size work well or the large purseket will be better?

Thanks.
Be careful with a purseket in a bag with a light colored lining like the manhattan. The purseket has been known to fade and the company does not stand behind their product once it ruins your $2k LV bag!

randomlily

O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
Melbourne
mm i feel that the manhatten is more classic and elegant, but may become heavy. The tivoli is quite pretty and looks like it may fit more, so i think i would go for the tivoli.

dell

Lovin My Little Girl
O.G.
May 23, 2007
Colorado
The manhattan is a great bag, but the weight it annoying. I am guessing that the tivoli is MUCH lighter. I say tivoli!