Final bag to complete my handbag collection! Reveal!

I admire people/women who work hard, are intelligent and are generous with others. At the same time, if they work hard and can afford luxuries...the amount of bags/jewelry/shoes they own is subjective to what feels right for their own situation. Someone's "10" bag rule can be arbitrary...the right number could be 5, or 12, or 20 etc. Never force apply what works for others to yourself. I do appreciate however the thought process of making the most out of the carefully selected choices we make.
Thank you! You are very kind.
What you just said is exactly my point. My 10 could be someone's for example: 20-30 clutches because they attend unlimited events, galas and I only have one, doesn't mean that someone's 20-30 number is wrong. We all have different lifestyles, unlimited funds etc etc .I think most people forget that no more 10 than bags is a narrative, how and why I picked something for myself and the mistakes I made along the way.

Last edited:
@juss great way to mark an ocassion.
Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury to go out an spend without planing my budget so the list will always exist for me.
What i meant actually is that i would have gone much wilder with plans and lists :smile: it is like 'five years plans' if you know what i mean...
And i can mark an occasion with an H gavroche too, i wasnt talking about birkins/kellies (i am actually not too keen on them at the moment due to my personal needs and lifestyle - small child, pregnant, working from home).
planning per se must work for many, it is just i feel PF creates sometimes sort of pressure, you know what i mean? We have lists and we cross check items often not having time to enjoy them... just the feeling i get lately a lot. Sorry didnt want to distract from you main thread topic.

Reactions: Rami00
@Rami00 I just started my bag collection about a 1.5 years ago and so far my collection includes - Celine belt in Black with GHW, Chanel 225 reissue in black with gold, Chanel M/L flap in red with SHW. I read your article "No more than 10 bags" when I was searching for review for Chanel reissue. Your blog has helped me so much and I cant thank you enough- Before I would want every bag that would come in the market and now I just want to add 3 more bags to my collection and I would be content and happy. I am not very good with words and so once again a big THANK YOU and lots of LOVE!!!!

@juss not in one week...but I believe in a span of 6 months. I heard the sales were down in summer time but everything cleared last week. She knows a girl who owns a consignment shop.
No bags are investment because she lost money on most of the bags H, or not :amazed:

@juss not in one week...but I believe in a span of 6 months. I heard the sales were down in summer time but everything cleared last week. She knows a girl who owns a consignment shop.
No bags are investment because she lost money on most of the bags H, or not :amazed:

I agree with this statement, the resale market is rather saturated at this time and will only be more saturated with time. I would never buy a bag for resale anymore, and that includes H.

@Coconuts40 right! One of the girl at the consignment shop told me that few clients who were asking over $3-$4k+ for brand new bags never got the offers.
I don't even want to run the numbers on how much other H stuff they bought to get a bag offer. :annoyed:

Reactions: Coconuts40
I agree with this statement, the resale market is rather saturated at this time and will only be more saturated with time. I would never buy a bag for resale anymore, and that includes H.

I agree with this too Coconuts40. I have started to sell my Chanel and H bags I no longer use. It is a slow process, down to 1 Chanel left to sell and about to sell 1 more birkin. I aim hoping to sell 2 more after this one. I have gotten lucky to not take any losses but I don't rely on that continuing. They are not investments or I only want to keep the ones I would be fine with being worthless some day.

Rami - I really admire your 10 rule! I am trying to get down to about 20 that I use on a frequent basis - about half will be used a lot and others are for more specific use (I.e. Clutches, lightercoloured bags for summer). Then 1 in 1 out from there.

Reactions: Coconuts40
@lynne_ross thank you! You have your number and styles figured out that works! I learnt from my mistakes and only have that gets used on regular basis.
The only invisible return on my investment is that there is no urge to go out and buy a new bag every now and then. I look at everything pretty and move on. I'll admire on others and meanwhile real estate and stocks here I come :nuts::heart::happydance:

@lynne_ross thank you! You have your number and styles figured out that works! I learnt from my mistakes and only have that gets used on regular basis.
The only invisible return on my investment is that there is no urge to go out and buy a new bag every now and then. I look at everything pretty and move on. I'll admire on others and meanwhile real estate and stocks here I come :nuts::heart::happydance:

I agree, quality over quantity. It's ok to admire something without purchasing, and then carry on to my favourite market...the stock market, lol!!!