Final bag to complete my handbag collection! Reveal!

I admire your 10 bags capsule wardrobe and I am glad it works for you. But that's quite a statement you wrote there. I hope you are not implying that some other women who have large collection of bags are somewhat "un-intelligent"? Some people prefer a smaller collection, some people prefer (and can afford) a large collection and I can see either working well. I don't think "intelligence" has anything to do with it. Just my 0.2 cent.

I admire your 10 bags capsule wardrobe and I am glad it works for you. But that's quite a statement you wrote there. I hope you are not implying that some other women who have large collection of bags are somewhat "un-intelligent"? Some people prefer a smaller collection, some people prefer (and can afford) a large collection and I can see either working well. I don't think "intelligence" has anything to do with it. Just my 0.2 cent.
@periogirl28
In no way I meant offense to anyone who have large wardrobes, if money is not issue ...yes go right ahead. But most working people...I would say large population usually struggles with mortgage, car payments, pension plans, kid education plan, insurance etc. etc. Someone doesn't need to spend $$$$$$ to look all pulled together a few key pieces could work just well. I work in financial sector, so how to make the $ go a long way is always on my mind.

You are spot on. But I dont think rami wanted to offend anyone. I agree with you though - the size of a bag collection is not at all linked to intelligence. (Maybe financial intelligence is a different concept though? ) Everything has to do with what a woman can afford. I know i go often overboard with things i love, maybe it is not intelligent? It hasnt happened with H bags though due to price constraint! ( Btw 10 bags is too many in my view too!) good thing about H, you hardly lose any money if you sell your unused bag later on, prices only grow up!

Reactions: Rami00
@periogirl28
In no way I meant offense to anyone who have large wardrobes, if money is not issue ...yes go right ahead. But most working people...I would say large population usually struggles with mortgage, car payments, pension plans, kid education plan, insurance etc. etc. Someone doesn't need to spend $$$$$$ to look all pulled together a few key pieces could work just well. I work in financial sector, so how to make the $ go a long way is always on my mind.
I agree with this. No one should be struggling to afford their bags after the necessities. DH is in finance so he would kill me if I did that. I think perhaps the use of the word intelligence was a little how shall I say, startling.

@periogirl28

Rami lets be honest large part of population who struggles indeed (like 99 plus percent) they dont buy H bags at all...
(Actually most working mothers dont hv time to go to PF, although arguably it replaces yoga or meditation perhaps) And many look very well pulled together and professional. So we are lucky to have what we have be it one bag or 20! I still hv to figure what is the limit for me (always loved bags since little girl), but i dont have a list or an H plan and take it slowly... the only thing i cant resist is a nice H scarf

@juss I love love love H shawls but the hefty price tag has been keeping me away...hence I only have two! :nuts: I believe it's at $1,500+ right now in Canada. I have few more jewelry pieces to get ...and call it a day, maybe Ill back to those after I tackle my jewelry.
Again, someone might be looking at my jewelry and thinking...woa, what a freaking waste of money. What is she thinking...my justification...moderation :P

Reactions: kathydep
@juss I love love love H shawls but the hefty price tag has been keeping me away...hence I only have two! :nuts: I believe it's at $1,500+ right now in Canada. I have few more jewelry pieces to get ...and call it a day, maybe Ill back to those after I tackle my jewelry.
Again, someone might be looking at my jewelry and thinking...woa, what a freaking waste of money. What is she thinking...my justification...moderation :P
I loved H 90 scarves much much more (i have a few shawls but am not keen either on style or quality).
Over the past years i actually tend to couple my H purchases to some events in my life (like birth of a child, great contract, big anniversary). Hence i dont devise any plans like : 'i will get all this on the list within x months/years etc'
Actually after the birth of my first child, i totally lost interest in anything like bags. Unfortunately for my finances, i didnt lise interest in H scarves!

I admire people/women who work hard, are intelligent and are generous with others. At the same time, if they work hard and can afford luxuries...the amount of bags/jewelry/shoes they own is subjective to what feels right for their own situation. Someone's "10" bag rule can be arbitrary...the right number could be 5, or 12, or 20 etc. Never force apply what works for others to yourself. I do appreciate however the thought process of making the most out of the carefully selected choices we make.