Filler corners of mouth

Jujuma

O.G.
Nov 9, 2009
I have an appointment coming up to get filler in the corners of my mouth for lines and lips that turn down. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and are you happy, also what type of filler was used? Before and after pics would be great, maybe if you don't want to post them you could PM me? I've had Botox in past and been very happy but get nervous with each new thing. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

PortlandKelly

Mar 30, 2011
Portland, OR
Hi Jujuma!! I just had this done for the first time last week. I am THRILLED with the results!!!!!

Let me tell you, I was very nervous about injecting something solid into my face! Shoot, starting botox a few years ago was super scary too. So I think you and I may have similar concerns regarding putting stuff in our faces, but really want the benefits of these types of beauty methods. I turned 40 this year and various things around my mouth really started to bug me: nasolabial fold, corner of mouth, and pre-jowl fold (marionette line). Wrinkles were starting to form at the corner of my mouth and in my marionette line and I wanted to nip those in the bud!

I decided to try Juvederm first because it is reversible with another injection if I flipped out with the results. Since my dermatologist did such a great job with the Juvederm I may try something that last longer like Restylane next. Anyway, she did one vial of the Juvederm and the whole process was done in around 15 minutes. You can immediately see the results which is pretty cool.

Like an idiot, I forgot to take before and after pictures. My face kinda looked like Case #9 linked here: http://www.drspiro.com. I have no idea who this doctor is, but I think his photos show a good sampling of results.

Sorry for blabbering on for so long. I am so happy with my results and I hope you will be too!! :flowers:

Jujuma

O.G.
Nov 9, 2009
Portland Kelly, thanks for all the info. I was very nervous before I did Botox too! I don't have nasal fold lines (yet!), so I'm just doing the corners of my mouth, my dr said this will lift the corners of my lips a little too. I'm nervous about bruising, I don't like to look like I had something done. My appointment is Feb 1st, so only a little more time to worry. I hope I'll be as happy as you!
Lady Chinadoll, I'm going with a filler (name?) that will last a year. I better like it!

Jujuma

O.G.
Nov 9, 2009
PortlandKelly said:
Hi Jujuma!! I just had this done for the first time last week. I am THRILLED with the results!!!!!

Let me tell you, I was very nervous about injecting something solid into my face! Shoot, starting botox a few years ago was super scary too. So I think you and I may have similar concerns regarding putting stuff in our faces, but really want the benefits of these types of beauty methods. I turned 40 this year and various things around my mouth really started to bug me: nasolabial fold, corner of mouth, and pre-jowl fold (marionette line). Wrinkles were starting to form at the corner of my mouth and in my marionette line and I wanted to nip those in the bud!

I decided to try Juvederm first because it is reversible with another injection if I flipped out with the results. Since my dermatologist did such a great job with the Juvederm I may try something that last longer like Restylane next. Anyway, she did one vial of the Juvederm and the whole process was done in around 15 minutes. You can immediately see the results which is pretty cool.

Like an idiot, I forgot to take before and after pictures. My face kinda looked like Case #9 linked here: http://www.drspiro.com. I have no idea who this doctor is, but I think his photos show a good sampling of results.

Sorry for blabbering on for so long. I am so happy with my results and I hope you will be too!! :flowers:
Also, thanks for the pics, I've been looking online and these are some of the best I've seen.

PortlandKelly

Mar 30, 2011
Portland, OR
Jujuma, I forgot about the bruising worry! I was afraid of that too. I remembered to stop all blood-thinning drugs except my Omega-3 fish oils. I didn't realize those thinned the blood. Oopse. I didn't bruise, but the injection points were visible for a couple of days (hidden easily by makeup). Also don't plan on exercising for 24 hrs after the procedure.

Jujuma

O.G.
Nov 9, 2009
PortlandKelly said:
Jujuma, I forgot about the bruising worry! I was afraid of that too. I remembered to stop all blood-thinning drugs except my Omega-3 fish oils. I didn't realize those thinned the blood. Oopse. I didn't bruise, but the injection points were visible for a couple of days (hidden easily by makeup). Also don't plan on exercising for 24 hrs after the procedure.
So if I have at 1 in the afternoon nothing the next morning? I'm not the same if i don't start my day with a workout!

PortlandKelly

Mar 30, 2011
Portland, OR
So if I have at 1 in the afternoon nothing the next morning? I'm not the same if i don't start my day with a workout!
The paper I signed before my procedure mentioned no exercise or alcohol (I think for 12-24 hours??). I barely survived my evening without a glass of wine and went running around the 24 hour mark. One of the injection sites did look like it bled slightly under the skin, but no one but myself would have ever noticed. I slapped on a piece of ice for a few minutes just to be sure.

cjy

O.G.
Oct 8, 2007
I am so glad I found this I am having Fuvederm for the first time on Tuesday. I am also getting botox, which I have had. I am a little nervous but might as well go ahead and do it. I will report back. I am very fair and bruise pretty easy so we shall see.