Fifty shades of grey movie *See p33 for movie discussion

I actually think Matt Bomer, although heaps of charm in white collar, does not have that 'dark' factor that christian has

Now that I think about it, Alexander Skarsgard has that "dark" factor, he's good at playing individuals who are calm and restrained. He'd have to dye his hair copper for it to work.

I still love Matt B, I think he can pull of the "dark" factor, I just need to see him do that in White Collar so I can be completely convinced. :smile:

Let's be real...the books are terribly written. But they do play to a niche that's not explored much. Which is sad.

It sucks cause there's much better writing out there. Hell, I've written better stuff than this crap. I've DONE better stuff than this crap!

Now that I think about it, Alexander Skarsgard has that "dark" factor, he's good at playing individuals who are calm and restrained. He'd have to dye his hair copper for it to work.

I still love Matt B, I think he can pull of the "dark" factor, I just need to see him do that in White Collar so I can be completely convinced. :smile:

ditto!

Let's be real...the books are terribly written. But they do play to a niche that's not explored much. Which is sad.

It sucks cause there's much better writing out there. Hell, I've written better stuff than this crap. I've DONE better stuff than this crap!

Ok, getting real, let's see what you've written that's better? If you can do better than E.L. James as you claim then put it out there, I see lots of claiming that others are more worthy but I'm not seeing the actual stories to back it up.

I agree with you that they fill a niche, we could use more books out there that capture our hearts with the characters in this way, that include the perfect balance of humor, sexy and romance. There are sure plenty of romance novels out there with good looking heroes and inexperienced heroines. There is no shortage of kinky erotica. All that's been covered. If you can perfectly balance all the aspects readers love about the books and put them into your own story please step to it, no one is going to complain if there are too many good books out there to read. Just the opposite in fact, if only we could have more terribly written crap stories that are as enjoyable to read, sign me up. :tup:

I have seen much worse become really successful franchises...ie:

The Vampire Diaries - The books were HORRIBLY written. I am a constant reader and have to admit that I am OCD about finishing a series once I start, but I couldn't convince myself to buy the last book released. I kept hoping it would get better. What a waste of time it was.

Twilight - What can I say about that? The story was so enjoyable to me that I was able to overlook the obvious flaws and read it 3 times. Yes, that is embarrassing, but look what happened with that one.

Granted, these were YA books turned movies/tv shows. Adult based stories typically don't do as well, but there is definitely a market.

I would be really surprised if FSoG will actually become a film. It is fun however, to go through a list (and post pics) of who we would like to see cast as C.G. It's really interesting to see our differing views of his character.

You can have technically correct writing that's polished to grammatical perfection but if readers aren't glued to the pages to see what happens next you've missed the mark. I'm all for seeing more amateur writers get published if they're telling a story that makes me want to stay up until 1am because I just can't put it down.

I think we will definitely see Fifty Shades of Grey in movie form but chances are talking about it will be more fun than the actual movie. I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised though. :smile:

I did not like Twilight, but I thought it was better written and had more of a plot than 50 Shades. With the right editing, 50 shades could have (and should have been) been 1 longer book.

Well, ok, lol. Here are the 3 names I see most often suggested to play Christian - Alexander Skarsgard, Matt Bomer and Ian Somerhalder.

First up where I was inspired by your avatar -

ChristianCallingsmall.jpg

Then had to throw in the other possibilities -

AlexCalling.jpg

IanCalling.jpg

Last one, definitely. Is that Ian Somerhalder (sp?)...I know, sad that i don't know who these guys are. I wasn't a big fan of the books, but I am interested in how the movie turns out.

ETA--well, looks like it is Alexander, not Ian...whoops!

I actually think Matt Bomer, although heaps of charm in white collar, does not have that 'dark' factor that christian has

Matt Bomer is a charmer. I think he's a very versatile actor to play dark, I havent seen it yet (I don't think yet).

Maybe we will this season ;) But he's a charmer ;)