Fierce or Practical? Which to pick---need advice quick!

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
Okay, I have a very limited amount of time to figure this out and I need your help. I am looking at a pair of red HOT shoes. They are fierce. They are helmuts and I really want them BUT I haven't tried them on and I know people have issues wearing them. I don't have wide feet but I would be so devestated if I got them, they arrived and didn't fit. No returns.
Then there is a pair of practical nude pumps. Practical and another item I want and need BUT they are used and they have some minor but noticable flaws.
They are the same price.

What would you pick?

mal

Addict
O.G.
Jan 26, 2009
Metro Detroit
possibly neither... I certainly wouldn't buy Helmuts if you have never tried the style, not if you will be devastated if they don't fit... . My feet are narrow and I LOVE them but they didn't look right on me. You don't sound too enthused about the others either-? Is it a style you love?

fashion16

O.G.
Apr 15, 2007
Decolettes. I am a fan of the style. I would buy them in a heartbeat if they were brand new but they are used and have some pretty noticable flaws.....but they are at an okay (not superb) price.

rilokiley

Oct 15, 2008
Neither... Helmut sizing is very hard to get right, and it doesn't sound like you love the nude pair. Wait for a pair that makes your heart skip a beat!

Jan 25, 2008
SoCal
I'm not a fan of helmets personally...I hate that they crease. Get what you LOVE, don't settle for anything!! Are the minor flaws repairable with some TLC at a cobbler? Have you thought of the Madame Claude in cerise?? That's a fierce, sexy, and practicle shoe! IMO

bfali

O.G.
Oct 24, 2008
I would wait for some that you love. It's money wasted if you don't love them (even if they are a **good deal**)!

prettycitygirl

Metro
O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
Houston, TX
I love the helmuts - purchased a pair for myself. Too bad they looked horrible on my feet! Yep, returned! It seems this style doesn't agree with a lot of ladies. However, I do find this style very practical AND fierce!

I love the decollete style as well. I have 2-pairs myself! :smile: BUT, if the shoes can't be fixed by a cobbler and/or you don't care for them so much, I agree that you must pass on these shoes.

If you're gonna spend hundreds of dollars on shoes, better be shoes you're gonna LOVE!

honeyspice

O.G.
Feb 19, 2009
^^^ me too, I agree with everyone else. I'm sure there's a pair out there that you will love. Maybe browse around the reference library and see if you find something you'll fall in love with?