Field Tote owners...

inkfade

Apr 30, 2017
I have some questions about the capacity of the regular Field tote, the one that is about 12"x12"x6". I would use it for both work and very short 1-2 day trips.

Do you think the bag is big and durable enough to carry around an 800 page textbook, a large (A5 size) and heavy notebook cover, a change of clothes, and then small stuff like wallet and maybe a pouch?

And then for very short trips, do you think wallet, one change of clothes (one shirt and one bottom), underwear/socks, toiletry bag, tablet, pouch, same notebook would fit?

I had been looking at the Marc Jacobs small traveler tote, but worried that carrying the textbook regularly might be too hard on it compared to the Coach. Does anybody have advice with their own tote or pictures? Thanks!

I had the middle size one and know it would probably work for what you want. But the 30 maybe not because of the shorter height? I know the sturdiness would be probably be fine though.

I ended up buying the Marc Jacobs tote. While I really love the look of the Coach Field Tote, I do prefer a horizontal look for such a large bag, over the more vertical design of the Coach. I do really love the MJ tote, I'm glad I went with it.

I went to check out the offer as well, but the price was so outrageous when imported to the EU that I gave up the idea. I did manage to score a 40 with the rocket print for 30% off on Zalando, this was a planned purchase (either this or a 30). I took a look at several reviews on Youtube (Bag Hound and Joshie Michael have a few great ones) and went for the 40 after all.

I have some questions about the capacity of the regular Field tote, the one that is about 12"x12"x6". I would use it for both work and very short 1-2 day trips.

Do you think the bag is big and durable enough to carry around an 800 page textbook, a large (A5 size) and heavy notebook cover, a change of clothes, and then small stuff like wallet and maybe a pouch?

And then for very short trips, do you think wallet, one change of clothes (one shirt and one bottom), underwear/socks, toiletry bag, tablet, pouch, same notebook would fit?

I had been looking at the Marc Jacobs small traveler tote, but worried that carrying the textbook regularly might be too hard on it compared to the Coach. Does anybody have advice with their own tote or pictures? Thanks!

The difference between the 30 and the regular size Field tote is shape. I would think they are equally well made. My Field Tote is the regular size. It is North-South. It is very well made and compares favorably to the LV Neverfull. Here is my video..I hope you find it helpful...

Last edited:
i have the regular one. It is roomy and sturdy. i can put my macbook pro 13 inches and A4 papers vertically. i can put my macbook 12 inches horizontally.

when i travel, it can fit my macbook, its built in pouch where i put my wallet and passport, toiletries pouch and a neck pillow.

note that while it can fit a lot, because of its sturdiness, it is quite heavy on its own

I ended up buying the Marc Jacobs tote. While I really love the look of the Coach Field Tote, I do prefer a horizontal look for such a large bag, over the more vertical design of the Coach. I do really love the MJ tote, I'm glad I went with it.
How do you like the MJ Tote? I just bought a coach tote and am waiting for it to arrive. I've been eyeing the MJ Tote for months but it just didn't look like it could handle a beating.