FIEBING'S Dye Products

casseyelsie

May 18, 2015
Hi everyone! I would like to hear opinion from any of u who had use Fiebing's dye products. Would really appreciate your suggestions. I have a few bags that need some touch up.

- 2 Coach Vintage leather in Red n Navy Blue
- 1 LV Epi Leather in green
- 1 Balenciaga chèvre leather in black
- Vintage Aigner in Oxblood

This company offer few types of dyeing products. Which one should I buy? They have so many products, after looking at all option offered by Fiebing's I'm very confused! [emoji37]

I just used Fiebling's leather dye, to dye my Balenciaga Velo :smile:

Hi thanks for replying to my post. I've not order yet as I had very bad experience with a Celine bag I sent for professional re-dyeing many, many years ago. The whole bag cracked so badly that I had to throw away. Since then I told myself not to get professional help to re-dye any leather bag. But for simple color touch up....do u think Fiebing's product is ok?

There r few dye products on their website. I'm confused n don't know which to buy. If I decided to buy, I can't see color in person because there's no store in my country, I will have to order online n hope I picked right color! [emoji37]

Well I can't say if the Fiebings dye is good, but I heard good about it.
I used Fiebings leather dye on my Balenciaga and you can see the progress here: http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-care-and-maintenance/dyeing-my-balenciaga-velo-923656.html

I use the Tarrago self shine dye afterwards because the Fiebings leather dye has a brownish color in the right light.

Thanks for the link. I've read through all of them. Sounds very complicated but since I'm only thinking of some minor touch up to worn corners n bottom of my vintage bags, I might just give it a try. The hardest part is to find the right green, red and blue Floor 3 bags that needed some touch up! Lol

Hi pigmetation creams like Collonil Colorit work well for leather touchups. If you're not sure of the shade always go one shade lighter on whatever product you choose to use. ie. if you're not sure if it's dark brown or light brown go light brown.

Creative minds wanted!! I'm new and looking to repair or take off Louis Vuitton bucket bag sticky "come off" lining myself to get down to the soft lining material. There is a few YouTube videos on this but it just tries to sell you some homemade solution for 50 bucks + ship :smileand they don't explain their "secret potion" of coarse! I've heard nail polish remover and goo gone but that freaks me out. Plsss help! Any suggestions tricks & techniques that can save my bag are so so welcomed!

Creative minds wanted!! I'm new and looking to repair or take off Louis Vuitton bucket bag sticky "come off" lining myself to get down to the soft lining material. There is a few YouTube videos on this but it just tries to sell you some homemade solution for 50 bucks + ship :smileand they don't explain their "secret potion" of coarse! I've heard nail polish remover and goo gone but that freaks me out. Plsss help! Any suggestions tricks & techniques that can save my bag are so so welcomed!

Hi, you could ask in the LV Clubhouse here: The LV Rescue Club

or in the LV FAQ here: Replacing lining with different type of material

Repairs

Sticky Demi Ronde Cosmetic Case

etc.