Few of my favorite things... A back to work reveal! =)

xiaoxiao

O.G.
May 15, 2008
Hi peeps!!! After going back to work for two weeks, I thought to officially check back in with you guys. Hope all of you have been doing well...

What a two weeks huh! The first day I went back to work, Lehman went down. Then AIG, then bail out talk from the gov't, then not really so sure, then WAMU, the list goes on and on. Every day I go back to work, expecting something bad happens...

But when I log back onto tPF, I am very pleased and proud to read about people feeling concern, or sometimes even guilty, about having the financial freedom and security. And at a time like this, it is indeed the true definition of luxury. Those posts just demonstrate that we are not living in a H ivory tower, and that we are respectful and, perhaps most importantly, sensible to our changing surroundings... To those who express sympathy and concern, my deepest respect to you!

I am a true believer of when a door closes, another one opens! I lost my job in the beginning of the year, but I got to stay at home with my baby and enjoyed having 8 months off... I got to know a lot of stay-at-home moms who live around my hood, a wonderful, darling 92-year-old woman whom I had breakfast with every single day, few REALLY good friends I met here, and not to say, countless smart, beautiful, kind-hearted, and REALLY willing to help tPF'ers.

With the economy takes a hit, many also perceive this as a great opportunity.. Some take advantage of the lowering stock prices, and others, perhaps with a lot less ambition, just wanted to buy a few things that have been on her mind...

Now... Without further delay, may I introduce few of my favorite things that came to my possession recently?

xiaoxiao, it is so good to see you posting again! I miss you. I'm glad your job is going well, and I agree with you that tPFers are a group of sensitive and classy ladies.

Now...what have you got to show us? :woohoo:

xiaoxiao, it is so good to see you posting again! I miss you. I'm glad your job is going well, and I agree with you that tPFers are a group of sensitive and classy ladies.

Now...what have you got to show us? :woohoo:

Hi sweetie!! How are you? :hugs: How is your DD? And have you done all the traveling? Did you stop by the H sale? They have LOTTTTS of scarves!

Hi sweetie!! How are you? :hugs: How is your DD? And have you done all the traveling? Did you stop by the H sale? They have LOTTTTS of scarves!

I wanted to go to the sale, but wasn't sure if I should bring DD. I've bought several scarves this month anyway (eek!) so I think I needed to give myself a break. Not that it'll last long. DD is keeping me busy, crawling all over the place and babbling like crazy. She's almost a year old, yikes! How is your DS?

(Check out the October meetup thread! I want to see you in NYC again! :heart:)

Not too sure if you remember this, but few months ago I was REALLY interested in getting myself a jige before the price increase. But it just wasn't meant to be mine at that time. In the past two months or so, I am determined to find one that I can use casually, and still big enough to fit a shawl in it....

I always find polishing my bags very soothing... every night I come home, play with DS, have dinner, hang out with my hubby, put my baby to sleep... Then I will sit by myself in the living room, right in front of my windows, take out a pair of old socks, blackrock, and it's just me and the old jige... The natural light from other people's apartment in the nearby building reflect on the surface of the polished box jige... I usually take my time, in a slow but steady circular motion, lightly touching the jige through my old socks LOL... So... Here is the final product, after few nights of hard work....

DSC_0144.jpg

The wonderful things you can do with old socks, LOL!
Great work!
Is it noisette?
attachment.php