'Fess up! What did you buy this summer?

Nov 24, 2006
I'll start with myself (scary list! :P) of how bad I was over the past three months; somehow the prices are so good and I keep seeing what I want!

4 Burberry hats
1 Burberry earmuffs
1 burberry winter jacket
1 Burberry fall coat
1 Burberry ipod case
3 Coach hats
1 Ferragamo bag
1 Kaminski sunhat
1 Parkinson skirt
1 Marc Jacobs winter coat

Things to come before the summer ends :wtf:
3 Burberry scarves
1 Dior clutch

Stuff looking to buy in coming September :shocked:
2 more Burberry hats (I'm a hat person...)
1 Miu Miu bag

Not to mention the non-premier designer things I bought, and that I just bought a Dior bag before summer :sweatdrop:

Do you see yourself shopping in an unprecedented way? Or is it just me (hopefully not...)? Please write down your loot in this thread, no one has to be very specific about what brand or give away any or the whole of their trophies if anyone's not comfortable about it! None of the items have to be designer...I just wrote them down because they're easier to list! Pictures would be great also :drool::graucho:

Last edited:
I love this thread. I will begin by *justifying* (hah.. I'm making myself laugh :roflmfao:) my purchases by saying the following: 1) It was my birthday in July and who better to treat me than me.. right?!; 2) Did not go on vacation this summer; 3) Had the summer off, but decided to take on a 2nd job. That stuff being said, here is a list of my summer purchases. *I included links for the ones I could still locate :

1) 3 pairs of steve madden boots ... 2 "Iriss" boots (black & cognac); 1 "Amityy" (black) *I got the Irisses during Nordstrom's Sale
2) 2 pairs of Uggs: classic tall in new gray color & cardies also in gray
2) Juicy Free Style satchel ... In cognac to match boots^^
3) Givenchy North South Military Hobo [black leather]
4) 2 linea pelle waist belts (mahogany & black)
5) 2 cashmere cardigan sweaters (1 by Aqua & 1 by Beth Bowley) *The Bowley was also during Nordstrom's sale so I only paid $170!!
6) 1 Charles Gray Cobalt Princess coat w/ gold buttons (Nordstrom Sale item... paid $279 at store during sale, currently back to regular price of $420!)
7) 1 really cool denim-like blue vest by Monrow
8) 4 pairs of 7 for all mankind jeans [2 skinny, 2 bootcut.. 1 light wash, 2 medium wash, 1 dark wash]
9) 1 14k gold Fendi charm bracelet and 1 'A' initial charm
10) 1 really chic blue and brown plaid blazer from Guess by Marciano
*not usually a fan, but I saw it in a Bloomies catalog and tracked it down! lol
11) 2 free people sweater dresses: sweater dress & another sweater dress
12) I indulged and got myself my first ever Estate ring... smokey quartz and rose gold circa the 60's & some classic plain gold hoops
13) and decided to end the summer off right with the following.... http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=11761569 :rolleyes: JUST ORDERED NOW!!

I am sure I am leaving out a ton of stuff, but these happen to be the most memorable. I can't wait for fall to really get use out of all this stuff!!! ;)

^^Thank God! :lol: I was afraid of a lecture from my parents for spending so much in bad economy...thank you for relieving me of my guilt!
No problem! I had to reciprocate as you lifted mine just the same. haha I think any lingering guilt will lift once we start wearing our new stuff and lookin fab for Fall!! (Here's to putting a positive spin on credit card bills! hehe) :party:

:wtf: Wow...I can't believe paying for my own tuition...Good luck with it!!! I sold a lot of things I don't need to help cover the cost of my new lovelies; otherwise I think my parents are going to make me pay my tuition :Push:. They'll think that it's because that they're helping me with school expenses that I can spend the way I do! :lecture:

Last edited:
Great thread! :lol:

Okay, here are my 'summer purchases'! I seem to have bought ALOT...:wtf:

Things I got on sale:

Bags
*Balenciaga Bouton d'Or Floral City (pic 1)
*Gucci silver Britt hobo + Gucci silver belt bag + matching wallet (pic 2)
*Chanel croc embossed satin Reissue (pic 3)

Clothing
*Prada Fairy blouse (pic 4)
*A navy and a black V-neck jumper

Attachments

• Bal1.jpg
    Bal1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 75
  • SilverCollection.jpg
    SilverCollection.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Chanel12m.jpg
    Chanel12m.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Fairy1.jpg
    Fairy1.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 83
More things I got on sale: :nuts:

Shoes
*Gucci peep toes (pic 1)
*black Gucci sneakers (pic 2)
*Gucci patent low heels (pic 3)

Makeup
*Givenchy Prissisme eye shadow palette (pic 4)

Now for the things I didn't get on sale:

Bags
Chanel 'Le Marais' Flap (pic 5)

Clothing
*A black Zara winter coat
*An 'errand boy' cap
*A black Esprit shrug

Attachments

• mar5.jpg
    mar5.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Giv2.jpg
    Giv2.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Patent1.jpg
    Patent1.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 61
  • zwart1.jpg
    zwart1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 62
  • peeptoe4.jpg
    peeptoe4.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 70
Continuing with the things I didn't get on sale: :P

Shoes
*Gucci flip-flops (pic 1)

Makeup
*Guerlain 'Le 2 de Guerlain' mascara (pic 2)

O, and I bought a new XBox 360 game called Soul Calibur IV! :supacool:

That's it for now! :sweatdrop:

Right now I have my eyes on a fabulous pair of Gucci booties. So when I get those, I will post them here too! :graucho:

Attachments

• Flipflop1.jpg
    Flipflop1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 56
  • mascara3.jpg
    mascara3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 46
^^Wow, you got the Gucci low heals that I was lusting after! Love the Chanel too; it's so classy. And you got Soul Calibur? :lol: My brother raved about that game, so I got the II on Playstation 2 when it came out, and after trying it once dropped it completely! I was left in the dust with all the key-ins of the techniques; my friend tried to teach it to me, but after seeing how he beat the second hardest level so easily I just gave up :shame:

Very nice everyone! I am partial to Gucci [hence the name], so I especially loved seeing (& hearing about) the Gucci stuff. ;)

I almost forgot....
14) D&G logo hoops *I ordered them in early July and have been wearing them a lot, so I don't know how I forgot them. ;x

15) I just bought my first Darphin Nuances d'Arômes Mascara tonight (I bought it when I ordered my LV wallet so that I'd get the free shipping. lol) **JW...Does anyone actually use it? If so, is it good?

16) Gucci sale: gold leather logo flip flops & black bamboo sunglasses (pic in my album)

17) Valentino sunglasses (pic going in album tomorrow) *By luck, I happened to be @ my local Nordstrom (White Plains) when they premiered their new sunglasses section at the end of June (?)... so I got them on a special sale! They are in season and were specially priced for that day! [about $175]

18) Unknowingly jumped on the plaid bandwagon before realizing how popular it was going to be this fall. Ordered this from Bluefly late spring/early summer: Adam Red & Charcoal Plaid Shirt

Last edited:
This will be a toughie but I'll pose this to all posters if lovingmybags doesn't mind ... *Out of all the things on your own list, can you name a single favorite item?* You can name: 1 clothing, 1 handbag, 1 footwear, 1 jewelry, 1 other accessory (wallet, belt, scarf, etc.) *If applicable

Here are mine:
--clothing: Beth Bowley cardigan
--handbag: Givenchy military hobo
--footwear: cognac steve madden boots
--jewelry: fendi charm bracelet
--accessory: LV wallet