Fess Up: Lying About Your Age

Have you ever lied about your age?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feb 11, 2006
My friend and I were discussing this today. We lied a lot more when we were younger. LOL. When we were 14 and we went to concerts together, we'd always tell people we were 18 because we wanted to seem mature instead of looking like teenyboppers. :shame:

Have you ever lied about your age? How old were you and how old did you say you were? Do you still lie occassionally?

When I was too young to drink I lied about my age and made myself older. (Even had an ID to prove it...heheheh)

When I tried working as a dancer I knocked about ten years off my age to make myself younger. Nobody seemed to notice.

When I first started dating my SO I lied and told him I was 18 instead of 17 because he was 21 and had previously mentioned he wouldn't come near a minor. I was a few months away from 18 so I didn't really feel bad, plus it was worth it.

After I hit 16 I never lied. But before then....woah! I wonder how many people out there think Im 30 by now! lmao!! It was always easier for me though, because I ALWAYS looked older than what I was. When I was 7 my Mom took my to get my pictures done at this glam type photo place, and the lady thought I was 13!
Whenever I was with my best friend(shes 4 years older than me) I always told whoever I met I was the same age as her lol.
Im not ashamed of my age now tho! lmao. Im not saying when I get older I wont tell people Im younger though ;)

Yep when I was in my preteens and teens. Also until I was 21 just so I could drink of course. =) I have a feeling I might be stuck at 29, 39, and 49 for as long as I can push it though! lol. No but really, I think by then I will have done everything I wanted to do while being "young" so I will allow myself to age gracefully. :tup:

If you never tell anyone your age, you don't have to lie about it. :P

Agreed. People always think that I'm younger than what I am, which can lead to people not taking you seriously, or shunning you because they thought you were their peer, or being condescending-because your still a baby.

Guy in particular want to know my age, so I now say I'm old enough to drink, but too young for social security.