Fess Up: Lying About Your Age

Have you ever lied about your age?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
When I was in 4th grade, my friend and I used to put on lipstick and say we were 13 so we could get into PG-13 movies. I think that's so funny now, because I'm sure we just looked like tarty little 10 year olds :lol: ...Then when I was 14 or so, I would lie and say I was 17 to get into R movies. The funny thing is I've only been carded at the movies twice, and both times were when I was in my 20's!

I also lied to buy cigarettes and alcohol and to get into clubs. Once I turned 21 I stopped lying about my age....

I lied in the poll and said "no." How pitiful is that? :~)
:lol:

I lie about my age all the time. I usually let people decide by confirming their suggestions.

Usually people think I'm younger than I am when they haven't spoken to me at all, but usually after asking about career and education they think I'm older than I actually am.:cursing:

Nope, never lied about my age. I always looked and acted older than I really was when I was young, so I was never questioned. I had my first child before I was 17, so people always assumed I was of age.

However, now that I'm 50 and AARP keeps sending me applications for neat stuff that SENIOR CITIZENS get to so, I may start counting backwards.

I hate when people ask me now (I'm 22), I think this will just lead to crafty ways of avoiding it. I just feel that at 22 my age should mean nothing.

I was actually asked my age in a job interview (a big no-no!) I couldn't dodge that one... and they could have guessed considering I'm graduating 4 years of college in a couple weeks!

At other times I've been asked I have the person guess first. They're actually right, haha.

I don't recall ever lying about my age...but maybe I did years ago..when I wanted to be 18, or 21, or 25.

Now that I am in my thirties, I don't think I'll ever feel the need to lie to make myself OLDER again..LOL!! Younger, well, maybe.

Although, a lady at work said to me last week..."How old are you? About 26?". I laughed, and told her to add 10 years!!

However, she is now my absolute favorite co-worker!!! I wanted to kiss her, truly I did!