Ferragamo Shoe Sizes

Pixielexie

Prada-ing...
Aug 8, 2009
Dear all!

I'm a complete newbie to Ferragamo, I've been checking out their pumps lately.

I was surfing e**y, and I saw letters e.g. B, AAA, after the shoe sizes in the photos.

Great if anyone can advise what those letters mean! I'm a size 8, but I've seen 8B & 8AAA etc.

TIA!!!! =)

The letters corresponds to the shoe width. If you have normal feet, go with the B. A is for narrower feet, and the higher the letter = wider feet.

As others have mentioned the letter corresponds to the width. 'B' is average width which is what I would suggest since you are a size 8. I wear a size 9 and all of my shoes are B width. Unless your feet are narrower than average, anything with an A width will be too narrow for you. I would recommend stopping by a boutique and trying on the style you like in the different widths so you have a better idea of your exact size. Ferragamo shoes are incredibly comfortable, but only if you have the right size.

I do not have wide feet, but Ferragamo 8.5C is more comfortable for me. I think they run a littlenarrow. I normally wear a 9B in other brands.

AAA, AA, A = Narrow
B, C = Medium
D, E = Wide

I have several SF shoes (actually ballerina flats) and they are very comfortable. However, depending on the style, I might take a different size either up or down. I usually wear a 7B and in a few of the flats, I am a 6.5B.

I tried some on in a Boutique recently. I found a big difference in length with just a half size difference. The c is the min width for me as I have wide feet. I'm a 6.5 and found the 7 to be uncomfortably too long with no comfort benefit. You really have to go and try this brand on first they are quite different to most other brands.

Yup and I usually found that I'm between C and a D in the brand. I can trade off shoe size for the width. If the width is narrower then up one size vice versa. BTW they are really comfortable but only if you find your right width size.

I do not have wide feet, but Ferragamo 8.5C is more comfortable for me. I think they run a littlenarrow. I normally wear a 9B in other brands.

AAA, AA, A = Narrow
B, C = Medium
D, E = Wide
I found this to be the case also. I normally take 6 B, but in Ferragamo I had to buy 7C. I bought two pairs exactly the same but different colours in 7C and even one of these is smaller than the other.

Yup and I usually found that I'm between C and a D in the brand. I can trade off shoe size for the width. If the width is narrower then up one size vice versa. BTW they are really comfortable but only if you find your right width size.
where have you found the 'd' width? I have never seen them in the US or UK and I really want Varina's but the C feels tight in the toe box. I saw you can design your own now and get the D in the US but you can't return if they don't fit.

Hello all,

I just bought a pair of "new bisque" patent Varas today at the store, but may exchange because I'm unsure of size. I bought a 5.5 regular width, though my typical "safe" size in most brands is like a 6.5. The SA felt I was more a 5.5, as they fit tighter in the heel and the 6 had some gapping at the back. She said my feet were narrow even though the regular width fit me fine. What I'm worried about is, will they still be comfortable after a day of walking? Or will they be too tight? My toe is at the top of the shoe, there is no room. It doesn't feel UNcomfortable at all, but I want them to become more comfortable, not less so, as I own them. Do they stretch? I wish they made quarter sizes!

I love them and want them in black patent, reg black, and red as well! Just need to figure out sizing!

Thanks in advance!!

Where did u buy them from?
I think u should bring it back to the SA n have her stretch it n see if it's more comfortable. Did u try the C width version of the shoes? And if u like size 6 u can always add a heel grip to it. I'm in between a 6.5 to 7 so sometimes I buy 6.5 normal 6.5 C and even 7b depending on the style and leather.

Hello all,

I just bought a pair of "new bisque" patent Varas today at the store, but may exchange because I'm unsure of size. I bought a 5.5 regular width, though my typical "safe" size in most brands is like a 6.5. The SA felt I was more a 5.5, as they fit tighter in the heel and the 6 had some gapping at the back. She said my feet were narrow even though the regular width fit me fine. What I'm worried about is, will they still be comfortable after a day of walking? Or will they be too tight? My toe is at the top of the shoe, there is no room. It doesn't feel UNcomfortable at all, but I want them to become more comfortable, not less so, as I own them. Do they stretch? I wish they made quarter sizes!

I love them and want them in black patent, reg black, and red as well! Just need to figure out sizing!

Thanks in advance!!

Sounds like if you're hesitant about it, it's probably a little on the small side. How much of a gap did the size 6 have? As long as your heels are not slipping out of them, your feet will bloat a little as your walk around during the day. And I find their patent Varinas really don't stretch much, even the regular leather ones are on the stiff side. Maybe try 6A since you have narrow feet.

Thanks MissTeresa and Diatom! I bought them from the Ferragamo store. Unfortunately, I kept them and wore them and I feel they are slightly too tight. I was planning on returning them and re-buying them at Neiman Marcus or somewhere with better customer srevice, but I got too lazy. I should have gotten the 6. The 5.5 I'm wearing right now, but on my larger right foot, it rubs up against a bunion on my pinky toe (gross, sorry) and hurts after a while. Plus, I think they make my feet look super tiny, like disproportionate to my body. I should have listened to myself instead of the saleslady!!