Ferragamo shoe logo/labels

hposnm

Sep 10, 2008
I've never owned a pair but noticed a really lovely pair on one of my senior executives recently. 1 day during a meeting, I saw the inside of her shoe and noticed that the SF logo was in a pictoral/blockish lettering rather than a signature. I've always thought it was only a signature so I naturally thought that perhaps the she-boss was wearing a pair of knock-offs -- Oh, ignorance!

But I've been browsing online and noticed that both the logo-ish and the signature-ish ones co-exist.

So I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on the difference. Is it unique to a certain designs? Unique to a location/time period it was manufactured in (vintage vs newer models)? Limited to special editions only?

Anyone know the story behind this?

[X-posted in Ferragamo]

As originally posted by jburgh on the Ferragamo thread

I went straight to the source, Ferragamo, and received this:

As far as the labels on the inside of the shoes about 2-3 yrs ago we began a slow switch from the signature style label to the Ferragamo block label that we use now. That label is design is based on the store sign that hung outside the original Florence store for many years. I understand though that there have been a number of older styles that had the "sign label" as well.

Thanks a bunch. :smile:

Interesting! You learn something new everyday.:smile:

I ignored this brand for years, but they have been coming out with more interesting designs lately. Their boots are incredibly comfy.