Ferragamo: Patent "Audrey" is very comfortable?

rracla

old anglo lady in CA
Nov 6, 2010
Southern California
I adore the Ferragamo "Audrey" in patent leather. Do you have an Audrey? Would you recommend Audrey for painful bunions? Please, what do you think? :confused1:

bagdoll

O.G.
Feb 13, 2008
I only have two pairs of Ferragamo shoes (not the audrey) and they are seem to run narrow..I even have a C width pair and they are bit tight in the toebox area. I would think you would have to stretch them... alot .. as not to hurt the bunion.. I love the audrey shoe design though. maybe somebody that has a pair will chime in.

Last edited:

magical

Nov 24, 2009
I am also looking into purchasing the Audrey shoe. The Ferragamo website has a black suede that I believe will be much more comfortable. Patent is so hard to stretch and needs a lot of work to do so.

It's a beautiful shoe and one of the sales associates had on the plain leather from last year's collection and she said they are so comfortable she wears them all day at work.

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
I agree that the shoes run a bit narrow. Most shoes I wear a B width, but in Ferragamo, I go to a C.

Last edited:

Luccibag

O.G.
May 11, 2006
Greater NYC area
I have a pair. I dont think they run narrow. My feet are getting a tad wide, especially one foot but they fit me fine. They actually make your feet look skinny. I'd compare the fit to the fit of the Chanel ballet flat. VERY COMFORTABLE. :smile: Mine are suede. Green :smile:

rracla

old anglo lady in CA
Nov 6, 2010
Southern California
Dear Mileymuse: i love YOU!

i cannot thank you enough! i'd called my SF outlet in Cabazon (So. Cal.) about a week ago and SA said "Audrey" shoe is outlet priced at $319 (down from boutique price $490). i didn't have them ship it to me, but kept thinking i should. so, after your post today, i called again. outlet sale price $207 !!! he's shipping it and it'll probably arrive tomorrow!

$490 to $207 i cannot believe my good fortune! and it is the most comfortable shoe for my old lady feet.

thank you so very much. my SA said pickings are slim at Cabazon Outlet, as well, that they are down to ties and scarves, nearly. he added, around Christmas they'd be getting next season's stock!!! and to check back then.

might i inquire how you found out about this sale? i sure would be delighted to be on "that" list.

have fun at your daughter's show tonight. the crowd will adore you in your new large maria stella :happydance:

mileysmuse

Nov 5, 2010
hi rracla!
i am sooo happy for you! can you post a pic of your shoes when they arrive? i too have big trouble finding shoes that are comfy for everyday walking, but quasi stylish. are your shoes good for people with flat feet?
actually, i never received formal notification regarding the sale. I happened to be at the Woodbury outlet a few weeks ago and there was some buzz. Also, a few people were inquiring as to when the sales were running so I made a few calls yesterday.
my go to contact at the Woodbury outlet hasn't sent me pics yet of sale merchandise. i'll post when he does.

FOR EVERYONE: COULD YOU ALL PLEASE POST PICS OF THINGS U BUY & USE THIS FORUM FOR BRAGGING RIGHTS and include the price history too? It will be a great help, especially if any of us need to watch our pennies and hold off for future sales. THANKS :smile:

rracla

old anglo lady in CA
Nov 6, 2010
Southern California
watch our pennies! You've got THAT right :o)

my feet are the bane of my existence! a shoe has to feel fabulous b4 i can get near it. and i tire of looking like a middle-aged woman in an old lady shoe, so i do seek out something comfortable, yet 'young & fun!' :happydance: a difficult pairing! much better to appear middle-aged with a young & fun shoe :party:

flat feet? yikes. i have bunions, so this will be apples to oranges, sorry. but i do think the "Audrey" might be for YOU! i assume i got the outlet deal at $207 because patent is from spring/summer(?) i actually tried on the "Audrey" in a soft pebbled type leather in the SF Boutique... but i love patent and figure it will feel pretty much the same. actually, the SA at the SF (small) Boutique inside my Bloomingdale's wears it to work every day and said her patent Audrey leaves her feet feeling wonderful. so, i think the Audrey does have some support for your 'flat' arch. if you want the soft leather, shouldn't it be moved to the outlets starting around Christmas? anyway, i wish you'd try it on in your Boutique now :smile: and see what it feels like for you.

The photo i'm including of "My Joy" might be more for a 'bunion' person than a 'flat arch' person(?) it has hardly any sole on it, what so ever. But it feels like a pillow to walk in and i wish i'd found it b4 spending $195 on my Tory Burch "Reva," which has never quite felt as 'pillowish' as i'd planned :confused1:

Trying to include pictures for my new:

Ferragamo patent "Audrey" (could go anywhere! more structured)
$490 Boutique (spring/summer 2010)
i paid $207 SF Outlet sale Nov. 19, 2010 (plus $15 FedX shipping)

and

Ferragamo soft pebbled leather "My Joy" ballet flat (ultra casual)
$275 SF Boutique (fall 2010)
i paid $220 Nordstrom telephone order (Nov. 2010) they matched Bloomingdale's Friend's & Family Sale ($ free shipping because my particular store doesn't carry that shoe!)
i see the patent "My Joy" on the internet, maybe for Spring 2010(?)

Attachments

rracla

old anglo lady in CA
Nov 6, 2010
Southern California
thank you LADIES!

i ordered the "Audrey" in black patent from the SF Outlet Nov. 19, 2010.
paid $207 because of an 'outlet' sale tip from another PF member :queen:
i LOVE our little internet world here on PF.

attaching photo of my new:

Ferragamo "Audrey" in black patent leather

Attachments

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
Update: I just tried on a Burgundy velvet Audrey at the Rack. Surprisingly, it was in my size (8.5C) and it fit perfectly. I did not get it, but just wanted to report that the Audrey in materials other than leather seem to run the same, size-wise.

Also, I copied the discussion about the Audrey over here from the finds thread. I read the comment about the flat feet. I have very flat feet, and the Audrey feels fine on my foot.

kb9855

Aug 30, 2008
The patent Audrey is comfortable even if you have bunions. I own a pair in size 5.5C.
Try to get the ones with C width as the Audrey is narrow.