Ferragamo handbag but no dustbag?

Feb 21, 2012
Hi all!
I just got this Ferragamo Ceylon handbag in the mail which I purchased through the Bloomingdales sale (it came quickly!)

Here is the link:

http://m.bloomingdales.com/shop/pro...758200&Quantity=1&seqNo=2&EXTRA_PARAMETER=BAG

Unfortunately it has some indents by the top stitching (not sure if this is normal for this bag but it does not match the picture) and I'm quite upset that it came with a box but no dustbag!

This is my first Ferragamo handbag, but why wouldn't it come with a dustbag? The shoes always come with dustbags!

I'm not sure I should keep it. What do you think?

Personally, I would return the bag, or ask if Bloomies can do anything to find you a replacement. You are buying a brand new one, not preowned, so you are entitled to one.
My guess is, this bag was on display, and ya know, anything could happen to a displayed sample.

Yet, given that this is an expensive designer bag, packaging is something that differentiates it from other cheaper brand.

I believe I read reviews on some of Ferragamo's smaller bags on Bloomies being sold with the same issues...no dust bags and looks to be used or not exactly new. All of my Ferragamo items have come with a dust bag so I'm a little surprised yours did not. I don't usually have a problem with Bloomies but maybe this was a return. I would definitely contact them if you're not happy.

Totally agree with Venessa.
I got a small Ferragamo shoulder bag before from Bloomies, it came with dust bag, but no authentication tag nor the red envelope...

I ended up returning it

I believe I read reviews on some of Ferragamo's smaller bags on Bloomies being sold with the same issues...no dust bags and looks to be used or not exactly new. All of my Ferragamo items have come with a dust bag so I'm a little surprised yours did not. I don't usually have a problem with Bloomies but maybe this was a return. I would definitely contact them if you're not happy.
I had to send the incorrect back to their warehouse since the store couldn't process it. This is the first time I've had such issues with orders from bloomies. Not only did they send me the wrong item but that bag didn't have any price tags or description card like all SF bags do. Praying that this won't become my issue now when it comes time for my refund.

I had to send the incorrect back to their warehouse since the store couldn't process it. This is the first time I've had such issues with orders from bloomies. Not only did they send me the wrong item but that bag didn't have any price tags or description card like all SF bags do. Praying that this won't become my issue now when it comes time for my refund.
I have decided to return mine. It had 3 of the red care envelopes in the box (why so many?!?) but no dustbag and I'm just not happy with the appearance of the bag, I think it must have been a display or previously returned.

I did get it in the designer handbag sale so it was 30% off but still...the quality should not be compromised just because it is a sale item.

I have decided to return mine. It had 3 of the red care envelopes in the box (why so many?!?) but no dustbag and I'm just not happy with the appearance of the bag, I think it must have been a display or previously returned.

I did get it in the designer handbag sale so it was 30% off but still...the quality should not be compromised just because it is a sale item.
You made the right decision! For the price (even at 30% off) you deserve better quality.