Ferragamo CEO Aiming To Double Revenues

Just got an email promoting the fall line and noticed that my beloved Trifolio Tote is now in some new colors. I also noticed that it's priced 30% higher than I paid nine months ago.

I guess the "double revenues" is coming from huge price hikes too!
Not surprised. I noticed all the Studio bags went up & wallets too. There was a wallet I had my eye on - it went up $100. The medium Studio increased by $250.

While I am happy with Ferragamo reaching out to new customers and aiming to become more mainstream, I really hope they don’t become one of the new trendy brands like Balenciaga or BV. I love Ferragamo because they are so understated and classic, and unfortunately I can see that slipping away with the direction they are taking. However, I am happy that they are promoting my beloved Studio bag - I was worried that the new creative director would get rid of it.

While I am happy with Ferragamo reaching out to new customers and aiming to become more mainstream, I really hope they don’t become one of the new trendy brands like Balenciaga or BV. I love Ferragamo because they are so understated and classic, and unfortunately I can see that slipping away with the direction they are taking. However, I am happy that they are promoting my beloved Studio bag - I was worried that the new creative director would get rid of it.
I had a lovely chat with the NYC store director some time ago and she filled me in on some history and manufacturing process aspects that lead me to believe one needn't worry too much about the company going overly "mainstream" - the commitment to design and authentic Italian craftsmanship/materials is in the company's DNA.

The new cage bag comes to mind.
I love the cage bag, but something in my head has always held me back from purchase. :smile:

i like ferragamo, but I loved the older shoes of Rosina Ferragamo Schiavone. (Sp?)
I never found any superb condition dead stock in my size though

Last edited:
Reactions: papertiger
Sping-Summer 2023... https://www.ferragamo.com/shop/us/en

Any thoughts? Personally, I found it trendy but lacking glamour

Agreed - they're going for fashion trends not brand DNA.

There was one beautiful navy asymmetric chiffon dress with an ombre dip-dye white/lime neckline and hem that said glamour, also a chic mini Ferragamo red coat 'dress' worn with a red minaudière. Those were the best.

Mostly betting on big bags or small Y2K.

Patent/high-shine, zips, light/sheer.

All very late '90s minimalist/space-age aesthetic.

Menswear in Italy is going very S&M next year, so many black leather shorts (Prada too)

The Matrix cast meets 2001: A Space Odyssey extras on Kubrick's set (with Italian subtitles)