Ferragamo belt

leilani01

O.G.
Jan 9, 2008
My mom bought a reversible Ferrgamo belt and needs to have it cut. However, she's finding it difficult to remove the buckle. Is the buckle that hard to open or does she have a defective piece?

TIA.

Sorry for the late reply but my notification isn't working.

bagwathi: Thank you for your suggestion. I had also reached out to GrRoxy and she kindly gave me helpful feedback.

I passed along the suggestions to my mother and she was able to get her belt sized at her local Ferragamo boutique. The SA was very nice and my mom is pleased with her belt.

I'm so glad for the advice as my mom was originally just going to punch more holes and that would have resulted in a belt with a extra long strap.

Love your avatar!

They are sometimes hard to remove but I feel like it can also mean that it's holding the leather piece in quite securely.
If anybody is trying to do it at home, I recommend wearing a glove, which helped me a lot on 1: not scratch the buckle, 2: not hurt my own hand, 3: adds extra grip.

Sorry for the late reply but my notification isn't working.

bagwathi: Thank you for your suggestion. I had also reached out to GrRoxy and she kindly gave me helpful feedback.

I passed along the suggestions to my mother and she was able to get her belt sized at her local Ferragamo boutique. The SA was very nice and my mom is pleased with her belt.

I'm so glad for the advice as my mom was originally just going to punch more holes and that would have resulted in a belt with a extra long strap.

Love your avatar!
How long did it take for the Ferragamo store to cut it, and did you need to bring your receipt? I bought a Ferragamo reversible belt at the Paris outlet (for an amazing price - 156 euros!!) and I need it cut, but I've never been to my local Ferragamo store before

How long did it take for the Ferragamo store to cut it, and did you need to bring your receipt? I bought a Ferragamo reversible belt at the Paris outlet (for an amazing price - 156 euros!!) and I need it cut, but I've never been to my local Ferragamo store before
In Australia cutting a belt will require the prof of purchase as told by the SA, but ive never have them cut there, i just used a good pair of scissors to do it myself. Or you could go to a shoe repairer.

---------------------------------

My notification is still not working!

Bee-licious: The whole process of measuring the right length and the actual cutting only took a few minutes. It's very quick.

The SA didn't ask for proof of purchase but I don't know what Ferragamo's official policy is.

Good luck!

Reactions: Bee-licious
In Australia cutting a belt will require the prof of purchase as told by the SA, but ive never have them cut there, i just used a good pair of scissors to do it myself. Or you could go to a shoe repairer.

kikisptr: That's interesting that the Australian Ferragamo boutiques require a receipt before cutting their belts. I'm in the US and I don't know what the official policy is or if it's just up to the SA or the boutique manager if they want to provide this type of service.

kikisptr: That's interesting that the Australian Ferragamo boutiques require a receipt before cutting their belts. I'm in the US and I don't know what the official policy is or if it's just up to the SA or the boutique manager if they want to provide this type of service.
I thought it kind of make sense that a proof of purchase should be produced for any after sale service. Btw the SA also told me it is a worldwide service so i could get it cut in their boutique in other countries. But it may depend on the individual boutiques.

I thought it kind of make sense that a proof of purchase should be produced for any after sale service. Btw the SA also told me it is a worldwide service so i could get it cut in their boutique in other countries. But it may depend on the individual boutiques.
This helps a lot! I do have the receipt but I was just lazy and didn't want the hassle of digging it up (it's somewhere here!), but I think I'll just bring it with me just in case :smile: thanks for letting me know it was a quick and easy service!

This helps a lot! I do have the receipt but I was just lazy and didn't want the hassle of digging it up (it's somewhere here!), but I think I'll just bring it with me just in case :smile: thanks for letting me know it was a quick and easy service!

kikisptr: I'm glad the SA mentioned that you'll be able to get your belt resized at a boutique in another country. Even though it's a simple cut, a customer would feel better knowing that the boutique is doing the resize vs. the risk (albeit a small one) of cutting it themselves.

Bee-licious: Taking the receipt sounds like a good idea. You probably won't need it but it's better to have it and not need it than having to make another trip to the boutique if they do require it. Although I wonder if could they look up the transaction on their computer?

Good luck and congrats on your new belt.