Fendi X Marc Jacobs..?!

richard m

May 26, 2022
Some news says that Kim jones and Marc Jacobs maybe do a collection. I don’t think we can do the same with Fendace, becouse Fendi is more expensive and luxurious than Marc Jacobs, but i think is ¿a Fendi collection with the help of Marc Jacobs? Tell me what you do think about that.

Interesting. I saw some articles on line. Marc Jacobs needs a revamp. His brand seems to be failing. His stuff is all over the discount stores. He was the star when at lv and many of us who remember the lv days with Marc Jacobs long for those days. His bags were coveted but that is no longer the case. Perhaps a comeback is long overdue and a collab will help?

Interesting. I saw some articles on line. Marc Jacobs needs a revamp. His brand seems to be failing. His stuff is all over the discount stores. He was the star when at lv and many of us who remember the lv days with Marc Jacobs long for those days. His bags were coveted but that is no longer the case. Perhaps a comeback is long overdue and a collab will help?

I agree MJ is overdue for a comeback. The Tote Bag has gained some popularity but no MJ bag has reached the height of popularity of the Stam back in the day, I still love mine. Maybe a Stam Baguette is in the works...

MJ is still somewhat popular; a few styles have done very well, especially the Snapshot and the Tote Bag styles. I think he sometimes makes the mistake of making too many colors/variations of the popular styles, and thus over-saturates the market.

Nevertheless, I am a longtime Marc Jacobs fan and am intrigued by this collab. :smile:

MJ is still somewhat popular; a few styles have done very well, especially the Snapshot and the Tote Bag styles. I think he sometimes makes the mistake of making too many colors/variations of the popular styles, and thus over-saturates the market.

Nevertheless, I am a longtime Marc Jacobs fan and am intrigued by this collab. :smile:
I too think it will be interesting.

I don't find if any fashion to be in discount stores to be an issue. I am not an elitist :smile:

Reactions: baghabitz34
I don't find if any fashion to be in discount stores to be an issue. I am not an elitist :smile:
I’m not either (and I’ll assume you were not insinuating that I was)
but the old days of Marc jacobs bags are not what they were. My point was his bags don’t sell well and end up at discount stores. In the old days when he was very popular, you would not have seen his bags at discount stores. I remember waiting for restocks at department stores. His designs were very popular, not as much anymore although the tote has some popularity. But the hey day of Marc Jacobs are certainly long gone.