Fendi Spy vs Marc Jacobs Quilted

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
I am wondering about the Fendi Spy bag vs. that new Marc Jacobs bag, the quilted one with the straps and also the gold chain. See on your website worn by Lindsay Lohan. I am just wondering what is more practical... is the spy bag comming to its end?

This is an IM I got from a reader Taryn (who should join our forum!!), but I wanted to post this for her to see what you all think! :smile:

My sister loves her Fendi Spy bags. I'm not a big fan of em'. I only like the handles...What's a bag with just nice handles? I don't get it. I agree w/ Noriko if you just like that M.Jacobs quilted look go for Chanel.

kojiko said:
My sister loves her Fendi Spy bags. I'm not a big fan of em'. I only like the handles...What's a bag with just nice handles? I don't get it. I agree w/ Noriko if you just like that M.Jacobs quilted look go for Chanel.

I agree! Other than the handles, the Spys look like the knitting bags my grandmother used to use -- no shape unless they are stuffed with tissue and that heavy flap that holds the 'secret' compartment squashes a partially filled bag. Love the handles, tho'.

Haven't been tempted by a Marc Jacobs since the Toaster (had one in pink). I do like the Adina (see below) but it weighs a TON, even empty in the store. Its also surprisingly BIG.

Not really on topic, but its my two cents.

Heather

Attachments

• adina.jpg
    adina.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 253
I agree with Noriko, too. I'm not a big Fendi fan, but, God, the quilted bag by MJ is awful :sad: I usually love the bags that Lindsay Lohan chooses, but this is really absurd!

Attachments

• 227.jpg
    227.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 327
I can't believe none of you likes the Marc Jabobs bag!! :weird: I saw it about two weeks ago in a store in Italy, and I was immediately in love! :love:

But I also love my Spy bag!! I would never leave my Spy Bag alone :toung:

I really like the Marc Jacobs bags, there's just something about it.. cant really put my finger on it. But i love the spy as well... if i had to choose, i really wouldnt know.. all i know there will be sleepless nights :smile:. (Id get both if i could afford it.)

Although I am a huge MJ fan, I would have to say the Spy is cuter. I've seen and touched the quilted bag, and I have to say, I am not a big fan. Quilted bags from Chanel are a bit more practical and classic in my opinion. I think the MJ quilted bag might be dated really soon....just my two cents.

Not a big fan of either the MJ bag or the Spy. I don't like the shape of the Spy (though the peanut butter color of the one Noriko posted a couple of weeks ago was so pretty) and I agree with most of the previous posters that if I wanted quilted, I'd go with Chanel.

I love the MJ Blake bag, though. I saw it in Saks the other day :love: I am trying to save up at least half of the $$$ for that one.