Fendi Spy owners; expert advice needed!

RacyRedhead

Luxury Junkie
Aug 24, 2008
Hi you all,
ok, so I just got my first Fendi Spy (in Biscotto) a few days ago, and I absolutely :heart: it! My problem is that I don't want to keep it hidden in my closet, but I'm afraid I don't know how to take care of the leather properly. Should I use some kind of an oil to keep it in great condition, or should I avoid the usual leather care products?:confused1: I'm particularly worried about the rain, since it's been like that the whole summer here in Finland, and the fall will probably just make things worse.
Thanks in advance!

I don't think rain is usually a problem with spys (at least I have not had issues with rain... although I don't recommend taking them out in a downpour). I would avoid using products on it, especially oil, unless it appears that it really needs something. Just be careful with it and understand that it is likely to get a few small blemishes no matter how careful you are.

I dont use anything on mine. I carried a spy in the rain once (a very light drizzle) and panicked when I realized that the rain left little rain spots all over the bag!! But once it dried the spots were gone. Like Lit said, just avoid letting it get too wet like in a down pour...

I'm sure your Spy will be just fine with out any product treatment. I just use some extra precautions when I carry mine...Like I'm careful not to let it rub against things etc. And in case you need it, there are places you can send you Spy to get it re-vamped!

Ok, thank you all! I'm glad I asked for your opinion, since I was just about to try "protect" it with the oil I usually use for my boots. I'll promise to be extra careful with this one, after all, this is my fav purse so far... :cloud9: