Fendi Peekaboo vs Hermès Kelly

I don’t have a peekaboo yet but I have a Kelly 32 I bought years ago when they were half the price. I love it but I’m not sure I’d spend 10k on one now and I am looking at peekaboos too in the mini size to enjoy instead of a Kelly 25 or 28
I am very recent to Hermès but have been very lucky with the ones I’ve gotten in terms of price. Said lately the prices have grown even more than what I paid and like you I don’t think I have the heart to purchase anything more at the current prices. I saw a peekaboo over the weekend and it was actually beautiful and I thought it was a great alternative. I wanted to reach out to see who may have both to get opinions. thank you for responding and let me know what you end up doing I will do the same. Hopefully I will get more responses that will help us both.

B95FBA05-992B-4962-A871-310DE2193DBE.jpeg
I don’t have a Kelly (yet) as I have not been offered or found the right one. FWIW, this Mulberry Mini Seaton is about the same size as a K25, while this Peekaboo Essentially is about the size of a K28. I don’t carry much and both these are large enough for what I need. You can probably get 2-3 Peekaboos for an equivalent Kelly, and maybe 4-5 Mulberry Seatons. Like the Kelly’s, the Peekaboos are also 100% leather-lined, and are easier to get in and out of (pro for me but maybe con for some). Hope this helps❤️

View attachment 5187596
I don’t have a Kelly (yet) as I have not been offered or found the right one. FWIW, this Mulberry Mini Seaton is about the same size as a K25, while this Peekaboo Essentially is about the size of a K28. I don’t carry much and both these are large enough for what I need. You can probably get 2-3 Peekaboos for an equivalent Kelly, and maybe 4-5 Mulberry Seatons. Like the Kelly’s, the Peekaboos are also 100% leather-lined, and are easier to get in and out of (pro for me but maybe con for some). Hope this helps❤
I love it. What are your thoughts on the quality? Is that an essentially

I love the calfskin mini peekaboo. It’s more structure than the nappa leather but not too stiff either
Hold essentials yet the shape and size are perfect for everyday use
Got tons of compliments whenever I bring it out

I’m also a big fan of the kelly bag - both retourne and sellier !
Have way too much retourne and huge so wanted a sellier peekaboo
Hence went with iseeu east west
Hoping they will make a sellier in the mini or small someday !
Will post photos tonight !

I have a Kelly 25 sellier, 32 retourne and a peekaboo. In my opinion, they’re different bags even though to others who aren’t so into bags they would be similar. I feel the peekaboo is easier to open (less hassle). I like all the bags. If we are talking about quality, Hermès leather seems more fine. I am not saying the peekaboo is of poor quality, less refined as the leather is thicker. I personally liked the peekaboo and purchased it before the Kellys. I did already have a birkin at that time and believe I used the peekaboo more.

I have a vintage Kelly sellier 28 in courchevel, bought second hand for a very good price years ago. I have been contemplating a Peekaboo mini or Iseeu small because the price point is good (at least compared to a new Kelly )F55EB051-0A1F-4AB7-BAC5-950786A965CB.png, plus I like the cool vibe it has, and it would probably be more practical than my Kelly. I love the way the bag is carried in the attached photo.

Reactions: missie1
I have a vintage K35 and a mini Fendi peekaboo. The Fendi is a great size and surprisingly holds a lot more than I thought before I purchased it.I really like it and easier to get than the smaller sized Kelly. I love the defender case too it’s a great when I want to change it up.

I have a Kelly 32 (Box leather, retourne) and have looked at a large Peekaboo 1 year ago in store. While I loved the style I didn't like the corner wear on a display item... I know that H can spa the bags (my K32's corners came back looking new after spa, but needs to be paid). I don't know about Fendi, but seeing the wear on a display model alone made me think I won't be happy with the quality.

Maybe someone who owns a Peekaboo can chime in on the actual quality. Also, I think smaller sizes would not show corner wear as quickly. I think you can get a pre-loved Kelly in decent condition for 1.5-2x the price of a new Peekaboo. I'd rather get the Kelly, but that's really up to you

I have both but in very different sizes. The larger Peekaboo will be heavier than a K I think due to the frame. Also the Fendi versions have segmented interiors, where the K is one open compartment (to me much more flexible). That said I think I am "all set" in the K department but would definitely entertain another Peekaboo.

Reactions: RT1