Fendi Peekaboo on Sale?!

ladyfarquaad

May 30, 2014
So I know this might sound crazy, but please tell me if I'm being unreasonable.

I bought a mini peekaboo in April this year, and I really loved it. I love the look of the bag in general, so I've been thinking of special ordering a customized regular/large peekaboo. I watched a couple of videos of special ordering on the Fendi website, and the whole process seemed like a lot of fun.

Now for me, spending $6,000 or so on a bag is a fairly big deal, so part of the reason I was drawn to the peekaboo is because I saw it as being a very classic and iconic bag, that would stand the test of time and become an heirloom one day, like a Chanel classic flap or a birkin, and I thought it would be a memorable experience to special order one.

Last night, I got a Rue La La update for fendi, so I opened it up, and I was very surprised and confused to see several variations of the peekaboo (from ombre to the classic colours) on sale for $1200-$1400 less than retail.

Does it sound crazy that seeing the bag on sale made it less appealing to me? I'm not snobbish at all about sales, I like a good deal as much as the next girl - but I didn't think classic bags ever went on sale, and I don't know if I'd feel right spending so much money on special ordering a bag that someone else could snap up for much cheaper.

What do you all think? Does the peekaboo usually go on sale or is this a one off?

Kellybuzzbuzz

Oct 9, 2014
The Selleria bag you will get when you custom make the bag will be probably unique to you so it's less likely that particular style will be on sale. I have a Selleria but I bought the Grey one and might custom make one later. I love my peekaboo and wouldn't care if I saw it for less but I don't think of handbags as resale items. goodluck with your decision.

ladyfarquaad

May 30, 2014
Thanks for your response!

Your grey Selleria sounds gorgeous, I'd love to see a picture!

I'm not actually sure that I want a Selleria special order because while I love the look of the Selleria bags, I think I prefer the look of the regular peekaboo without the outside stitching. So for me the special order would be more about picking external and lining colours, skins and embroideries, which makes it more likely that a similar version of anything I would order would be generally available (though obviously not exactly the same!).

I don't think of handbags as resale items either, but I'm worried I'd care if I saw a bag similar to something that I'd paid a significant amount of money for and saw as special at a slashed price. That's just me though :smile:

lavy

O.G.
Nov 30, 2009
I think occasionally the peekaboo does go on sale but not nearly as much as some of the others handbags like the 2 jours or by the way or even the micro peekaboo. when they do go on sale you will be hard pressed to find the color you want.

Even on the Rue la la sale, there was only one of the regular peekaboo size with calfskin, the rest were patent or larger sizes.

But if you don't love the Selleria I'm not sure it's worth the extra$$ instead of waiting for a color combo in the calfskin to come along.

ladyfarquaad

May 30, 2014
I'm glad it's not just me then :smile:

I feel like if I were buying a trendy bag that I just had to have right away at full price and then saw it on sale a couple of months later I'd probably expect it and be okay with it - it's just that I always thought of the peekaboo as a classic which is why I was surprised to see it on sale. I don't have many fendi bags (a mini peekaboo and a petite 2jours) - I'm normally a chanel girl and those never go on sale so I guess it's a learning curve with how different houses function!

ladyfarquaad

May 30, 2014
I think occasionally the peekaboo does go on sale but not nearly as much as some of the others handbags like the 2 jours or by the way or even the micro peekaboo. when they do go on sale you will be hard pressed to find the color you want.

Even on the Rue la la sale, there was only one of the regular peekaboo size with calfskin, the rest were patent or larger sizes.

But if you don't love the Selleria I'm not sure it's worth the extra$$ instead of waiting for a color combo in the calfskin to come along.
Thanks for your response! I think you might be right about skipping the special order, though there is something very special about the idea of having such an iconic bag made perfectly to my specifications (and I'm a long way from being offered a special order at Hermes!)