Fendi Peekaboo Leather (vs. Celine Classic Box?)

Pennypen

Sep 16, 2019
Hi!

The two next bags on my list to purchase is a Fendi Peekaboo Mini in black lambskin and a Celine Classic Box in camel.

I know both of these bags have leather that is very delicate, perhaps especially the Celine.

I am a bit worried about purchasing two bags that wont age well aka scrathes all over and worn corners :smile:

Peekaboo owners - how did you find that your bags have been holding up? Is the leather as delicate as I fear?

And if anyone by chance happens to own both a Peekaboo and a Celine Box - how would you say these compare in terms of quality?

Thanks so much in advance!

I just bought a mini lambskin peekaboo. The very first time I carried the bag, I worn it crossbody and the bag already got scuff mark from my jeans. It is VERY delicate! I would say it’s probably even more delicate than Chanel lambskin.​

It really depends on how well you react to scratches and scuffs. The scratches on Box leather will be part of the patina over time, giving it that vintage look. Personally, unless the lambskin is quilted like on a Chanel Classic Flap, I don't feel it ages as well as a structured box leather bag. You just need to be careful with liquids and be mindful of bumps.

I bought my mini peekaboo in lambskin a year ago. It is very delicate. When the bag rubs against my coat, it gets scratch marks and corner wear. I like the bag, but I find it overpriced for the quality you get. It is a great bag in terms of design and capacity. By far, this is not a mini. It fits more than some of my medium handbags! But I use it less than once per week and only for very special occasions, because I don't want to ruin it. I would say go for it, but be careful and use it not too often.

Hmm, regarding the comments above... ^ I personally have always heard that Fendi lambskin is not as delicate as Chanel lambskin!

I'm a big fan of Fendi lambskin, it's lightweight and so lovely to the touch, and I certainly prefer it to Chanel lambskin. Celine Classic Box is more of a vintage-feeling leather in that it marks up but it's SUPPOSED to, if that makes any sense. Box leather will mark very easily imo compared to lambskin.

Reactions: catsinthebag
I have a lambskin mini and I agree it is very delicate, the corners will wear due to the softness of the leather. It is beautiful but I definitely don’t use it every day. The selleria is probably a better option.

Hmm, regarding the comments above... ^ I personally have always heard that Fendi lambskin is not as delicate as Chanel lambskin!

I'm a big fan of Fendi lambskin, it's lightweight and so lovely to the touch, and I certainly prefer it to Chanel lambskin. Celine Classic Box is more of a vintage-feeling leather in that it marks up but it's SUPPOSED to, if that makes any sense. Box leather will mark very easily imo compared to lambskin.

Yes, lambskin and box are two different leathers from two different animals — box is box calf — which is why they feel and react so differently. Box will show every little mark but then blend into a patina over time. Both are lovely but again, two entirely different animals — literally! :P

Reactions: Anesthestia
I have two mini peekaboos and a classic box. The classic box leather scratches but they do blend in. The peekaboo is as soft as velvet and apart from some very minor scuffs on just the corners it’s in great shape. I once put pointy keys inside and it marked the leather however this buffed out totally within a day. Both bags are my ultimate favourite bags, bought new at full price and I would happily do it again - that’s how much I like them!