which mini red bag

• red fendi selleria mini peekaboo

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • chanel red mini reissue with aged gold hardware

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters

coffeeluv

Jul 6, 2020
Hi! I have been looking for the "perfect" red small bag. I am currently looking at the red fendi mini peekaboo in selleria and the red reissue mini with aged gold hardware. I love both but will only get one. Anyone have thoughts/recs on which would be better? I am looking for a bag that can be dressed down or up, easy to wear crossbody or handlheld/shoulder and durable. I really liked the lambskin fendi mini peekaboo in red, but decided against it due to the delicacy of the leather. I wasn't sure if the red selleria looked a little "dull". otherwise its a beautiful bag. I unfortunately can't look at the red mini reissue in person but have heard good things. any pros/cons or general thoughts would be much appreciated. I am also looking for something that I can wear for years. thanks in advance!

I have the red mini reissue and absolutely love it, so it gets my vote! I personally am not a fan of bags with dividers built in, as I find it limiting. I can dress the reissue up or down, sometimes with jeans and a casual top and other times with a dress - it’s very versatile. And it fits a decent amount, way more than I expected. Good luck deciding!!

Reissue mini for sure! it is a classic style and understate. Aged calf is durable and will last a long time (just make sure you stuff the bag when storing to keep the shape). It is light weight and you can wear it two ways - double strap for shoulder or single strap for crossbody. It might fit more stuff inside than the Fendi as well. Good luck deciding!

thanks for the replies! Also, what do you all think of the chanel aged gold hardware? do you think the gold color will fade over time to reveal the silver/ruthenium underneath?

I don’t have the reissue mini, but I do have the fendi peekaboo mini and the classic chanel mini. If you want the hand held option, then the fendi peekaboo is better. In my opinion the chanel minis are meant to be worn as should bags primarily. The fendi peekaboo also fits much more than the chanel mini. The devider in peekaboo does not bother me at all. I have the black lambskin with side weepstitching peekaboo and the lambskin is not delicate at all. I do not baby it whatsoever and have no ware or tear at all. Although I have no problem with chanel lambskin either, I feel like the fendi lambskin is more durable than chanel. I’m not a red bag person, so out of the two I would go with the peekaboo because to me the saleria with silver hardware looks better, but I don’t think you can go wrong with either one. It is purely what kind of carry you want more and what hardware you prefer better. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your replies! very helpful to hear thoughts on both bags! I like the idea of a top handle on a red bag and I like the top handle on the fendi but I think the main thing holding me back from getting the fendi is that I’m not completely in love with the red shade in selleria, it’s just muted. I like the red lambskin but there are no feet which worries me in terms of corner wear and also just overall fragility. The red calfskin version is just too bright/orange for my taste. I do like the red in the reissue, but no top handle which isn’t a necessity...

I vote for reissue mini. You can double the straps for handheld option or wear it on your shoulder. Maybe I’m biased but I really don’t like the way the Fendi bag looks.

Thank you so much for your replies! very helpful to hear thoughts on both bags! I like the idea of a top handle on a red bag and I like the top handle on the fendi but I think the main thing holding me back from getting the fendi is that I’m not completely in love with the red shade in selleria, it’s just muted. I like the red lambskin but there are no feet which worries me in terms of corner wear and also just overall fragility. The red calfskin version is just too bright/orange for my taste. I do like the red in the reissue, but no top handle which isn’t a necessity...

I am a Chanel girl and love my reissues and minis, however, I'd go for the mini peekaboo (I own one as well)! That said, I'd never buy the mini peekaboo brand new from boutique, you can find brand new on the resale market for under 2k... So if you must buy brand new from boutique yourself, I'd go for the Chanel, but if you're willing to look secondhand, I'd go with the peekaboo. It's really an amazing bag and carries so much for its size, and is very versatile.

Reactions: coffeeluv