Fendi Fellas

Hi all, newcomer to the peekaboo club here (and long time lurker of these forums). Couldn't decide between the SDJ and peekaboo and wound up getting both.

Though now, I'm starting to have second thoughts on getting the peekaboo in black as well (the store had a plain blue one, but the shade didn't quite sit right with me, and the they only had the large size for plain black), and the monster version for that matter. I adore it, but is it really a signature design that's here to stay?

IMG_2649.JPG

Hi all, newcomer to the peekaboo club here (and long time lurker of these forums). Couldn't decide between the SDJ and peekaboo and wound up getting both.

Though now, I'm starting to have second thoughts on getting the peekaboo in black as well (the store had a plain blue one, but the shade didn't quite sit right with me, and the they only had the large size for plain black), and the monster version for that matter. I adore it, but is it really a signature design that's here to stay?

View attachment 3828177
You have two awesome bags there. I think that the Monster Peekaboo can stand the test of time, even if Fendi stops doing Monster stuff (doesn't look like it anytime soon). It's because the eyes are on the inside so you don't see them unless the front is dropped down. The eyes actually give the bag have a real "peekaboo" effect (there are actually eyes peeking out in a now-you-see-me-now-you-don't kind of way). I mean, I love my black one, but when the front drops down, it just shows more of the same black Selleria leather so there's nothing different peeking out.

And when you tire of the eyes, just close the front and you don't see them.

View attachment 3828177

Both wonderful bags!! I should use my SDJ more...I think your Fendi is such a fun bag.

Reactions: Wooloo_85
is the SDJ hardy enough for everyday work use with laptop, documents and what not ?

i was looking at it before but thought that the shoulder strap joints to the bag was thin... was afriad that it would crack or break under pressure !

Well, I do dump my gym wear and all in it as well, so I guess it can handle a bit of a load. However, I do agree that the straps look a bit dainty, so if I were to carry a laptop in it, I would rather use the handles instead (have learned my lesson after overloading my bottega duffle, the leather tabs connecting the straps were detaching from the bag). Moreover, given that mine is the souple version, using the straps with a heavy load would also cause it to sag somewhat.

The peekaboo on the other hands seems more well-equipped to handle a heavier load, given that the handles attach to the stiff center piece.